Chapter 38

Sakura's P. O. V:

As my companions and I are walking several days later, Shinobu and I riding our horses while Rin rides A-Un, Jaken suddenly sneezes so loudly that he neatly drops the crystals that are still glowing green, but manages to catch them.

Stopping A-Un, Rin says in concern, "Jaken-sama! Are you sick?"

Straightening, he replies with a hand to his chin thoughtfully, "No, but I have this overwhelming sensation that someone is talking about me."

I ask as Sesshomaru, Shinobu and I pause and glance back at the imp, "Jaken," The others look at us, "has there been any change in the crystal?"
He responds, "Not at all. I can still sense a demonic aura." Here, he folds his arms and briefly closes his eyes, unaware that we have started to move on without him. "Which can only mean that we're not near," A-Un growls, Miyu whinnies as Seiji snorts and Karina meows, "the Fuyoheki that Naraku uses to conceal his heart, and of course that begs the obvious question..."

Rin sings teasingly, "Poor Jaken-sama! He is forgotten!"

"If it's not around here, then where it can be?" Jaken shakes his head to himself as Rin continues her song.

"He's going to be left behind!"

Jaken cries out as he finally notices we're way ahead of him, running to catch up to us, "Hey!! Aren't you forgetting someone?! Oof!" Jaken grunts as he trips over his own feet.

We continue walking as we come across a barren land with high cliffs.

Jaken announces, "Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama, the demonic aura from the crystal is weakening." We pause as he faces us. "That could only mean that Naraku's heart is nearby."

Shinobu points out, pointing, "Oh, look! There's a cave up ahead!"

As I dismount from Miyu, Sesshomaru orders, "Stay back." He unsheathes Tokijin and sends out a ball of green Kenatsu. It strikes the cave and destroys the entrance, revealing a hunched and spiked form much taller that the dog demon.

"Hmph. You're Inuyasha's brother, aren't you?" Asks the demon. His body is green and has spikes of various sizes on his back m, but his right arm appears to wooden and he has white hair stopping below his chin. There's a kind of spiked shell on the demon's right shoulder.

Sesshomaru replies indignantly, "I never considered that lowly hanyo to be my brother." Sesshomaru brandishes his sword. "But, the fact that you even know that much, tells me that you are Naraku's heart, are you not?"

"Hmmm. Sesshomaru, you'll regret that," Says the demon. "Wielding your sword before greeting me?"

Sesshomaru responds unfazed, "That I doubt, but you will regret uttering Inuyasha's name in my presence. That much I promise you."

Sesshomaru lunges forwards as me swings Tokijin at the white haired demon. The demon uses his geeen arm to block the sword and throw Sesshomaru back. Sesshomaru immediately dashes forwards and leaps for the demon, bringing his blade down on him.

The demon again uses his green arm to block. The demon throws Sesshomaru back as we gasp in shock.

Jaken exclaims, "That armor! The Tokijin didn't even scratch it."

Sesshomaru lands and swings his sword, sending out a ball of green Kenatsu. It hits the demon but doesn't seem to have any effect.

"Keep swinging that sword of yours. In time, I will absorb all of your demonic energy," Says the demon as the attack vanishes. His body pulses with power. Sesshomaru leaps up and backflips before sending out another blast of green Kenatsu like before. It hits the enemy only to be absorbed.