Chapter 37

Sakura's P. O. V:

Sesshomaru, Rin, Shinobu, Jaken, and I walk alongside a river with a small waterfall, fog surrounding us. Rin rides the dragon and Shinobu and I ride the horses as Karina walks beside the dog demon.

Suddenly, Sesshomaru looks up with a hum and I follow his gaze to see a familiar form of a large feather with a figure perched on it. The feather drops and the person plummets to the river below.

Jaken asks, "What seems to be the matter, Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama?" The figure from before hits the water with a splash. Jaken jerks his gaze downward. "What is that?!" He gasps as a familiar dark haired woman with a spider shaped scar on her back resurfaces, unconscious, her hair fallen out of its bun. We get off the horses and dragon as we watch her float downstream. "Wait a minute! Isn't that Kagura?!"

Rin says worriedly, "I think something's wrong with her!"

Jaken asks Sesshomaru and I, "Whatever shall we do, Sakura-sama, Sesshomaru-sama?"

Normally I'd help someone in need like this, but not after everything Kagura did to us. She works with Naraku for crying out loud, and I have no intention of helping her. I say as Sesshomaru and I turn and Shinobu and I lead the horses away, "Forget about her. We're going."

Jaken exclaims as he looks back at Rin, only to see the brown haired girl wading into the water towards the demon, "Wah! Hey, Rin!"

Reaching Kagura as we pause, and grabbing her arm, Rin says, "She'll be washed away!" Rin attempts to pull Kagura to shore only to be rugged under by the strong current with a cry.

"Honestly, what are you thinking?!" Jaken demands, tone filled with exasperation as he heads towards Rin who struggles.

"Jaken-sama!!"

"Grab onto this, stupid!" Jaken holds out his staff to the girl but they both get pulled under and swept downstream. "Wah! Help!! Save us! Don't leave us like this!"

Sesshomaru and I exchange exasperated expressions as Shinobu and Karina gaze after them.

                        🗡🗡🗡

In the end, Sesshomaru and I pulled Rin, Jaken and an injured Kagura out of the river and leave her lying face down on the ground as shafts of sunlight now pour down.

Then I'd hit Jaken on his head for his stupidity.

We gaze at Kagura except for Sesshomaru who sits away from us as the imp asks in surprise, "She drifted all the way in this condition?" There's a gaping hole right through her stomach and back. And she's topless as I'd examined her wounds. Jaken squints his eyes suspiciously. "She's a goner in my opinion."

Shinobu asks, "Is she dead?" Suddenly, the wound begins to close up, surprising us.

"What on Earth...?" Jaken breathes. Within seconds, the wound has closed, revealing the spider scar. Kagura stirs, startling us. Jaguar's red eyes peel open and she turns as she leans up on her elbows. She places her hand over her left breast.

 She places her hand over her left breast