Chapter 23: emotions

When I got my consciousness back, I was propped on a chaiselonge. It was nice and soft. And I seemed to be back at the mansion.

"You're awake!" Dandy said loudly, and as soon as I saw his face, I remembered what happened.

"Oh dandy, I'm so sorry!" I said and tried to quickly sit straight.

"You have nothing to apologize for, I know I can be overwhelming at times." He said and smiled.

Then he sat down next to me and asked to hold my hand.
He looked at it for a bit before rummaging in his pocket and pulling out the small box.

"Dandy. I-" I was cut short by the man himself.

"Just to make it official. I wanted to put it on you while you were knocked out, but Mother said I must wait for your answer." He scoffed.

"I didn't even hear you ask me." I said, "but I also don't know what I would say!" I quickly added.

"You'd say 'yes' of course." He laughed and opened the box, letting my hand flop down.

The ring stared straight at me, just like Dandy. It was a fine ring, must've cost a fortune.

"Y/N, will you marry me?" He asked.
This time, there was no ringing, no fainting. Just silence, as Dandy waited to hear my answer.

"I don't know." I said as I kept staring at the ring.

The box clicked shut. And I looked up at Dandy to see his angry face.

"What do you mean, you don't know! It's a simple question!" He yelled and stood from the chaiselonge.

"Dandy. This is all so sudden!" I pleaded.

"But we're perfect for one another. What more could you need?" He asked and seemed like he was about to cry.