chapter 9: new home

"You can go now Dora." Dandy said in a mean way.

"Alright. And y/n, yell if he does something. I'll come running!" Dora said and walked away.

"Don't listen to her. She's just mean." He said and huffed.

"Dandy." I asked

"What y/n?" He asked and smiled.

"Why did you buy me?" I asked and looked up at his shimmering eyes.

"Don't call it that." He said sternly.

"But you did." I insisted.

"I like you. Okay. Y/n." He sighed.

"That doesn't answer my question Dandy." I said.

"Would you stop interrogating me!" He yelled, I flinched and covered my ears.

His expression softened and he came closer to me. "I'm sorry y/n. Just drop it okay." He kind of apologized but he was more annoyed than sorry.

"I would like to be alone now." I said and turned my back.

"But y/n!" He tried to protest but I flopped down on my new bed and didn't respond anymore.
Eventually he stormed away and I dozed off.

I was awoken by Dora yelling that dinner was ready.
I got up and went to the bathroom, originally to straighten my hair a bit and unwrinkle my clothes.
But when I saw my reflection I started crying. The tears made their way out and down my face. I sank to the floor and cried.

Then I heard footsteps. And a soft voice that called for me.

"Y/n?" It was Dandy. I wanted to close the door but couldn't bring myself to stand up.

"I knocked but you didn't answer. Dinner is ready." He said annoyed but stopped talking when he entered the bathroom.
"Y/n?" He asked. His voice mirroring his expression. Concerned. "Are you alright?" He asked.

I couldn't answer I just sobbed. I didn't even look up.
I heard him sit down next to me and shoved my face into his chest. Then he patted my back and hugged me. It was a stiff and uncomfortable hug. But he tried his best I presume.

"You have problems with your emotions, right?" I asked between sniffles.

"Not now. I'm trying to comfort you. Now be comforted." He said and hugged me a bit tighter.

After a few minutes I was okay again and hugged Dandy back.

"Thank you." I said and looked up at him.

"You're very welcome." He said and stood up.
"I'm hungry. Let's go eat." He declared.

We walked downstairs and ate. Nobody said a word but Dora looked at me concerned.
After the meal she discreetly took me aside.
"Did he do something to you?" She asked.

"No! No. The complete opposite actually. He tried to comfort me. I was feeling homesick I think. It's better now, but thank you." I explained.

"Okay. But if anything happens, I'm here. And I don't care if I get fired anymore. Because I know they won't." She said and nudged me with a smile.