chapter 10: lots of new things

I went upstairs and into my room. And when I entered I saw a nightgown had been layed onto my bed.
It was soft and made out of some expensive material. I went into the bathroom and took a long bath. Afterward, I changed into my new nightgown and went to sleep.
It felt nice and warm, but it was nothing like home.

I woke up, and the moonlight was still shimmering through the curtains. Then there was a knock on my door. It's very quiet but still hearable.

I got up and walked to the door. I opened the door, ready to fight whoever was on the other side.
But it was Dandy. I exhaled and stepped aside.

"What time is it?" I asked and huffed.

"Around 4am." He stated.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I was going to ask you the same. After earlier tonight." He said and closed the door behind him.

"I guess I'm okay now. Thank you." I said and hugged him.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I just want to make sure you feel okay and not alone." He looked sad but cute in his shiny pajamas. At least I thought he did. Maybe he manipulated me to think he actually had feelings other than anger in him.

This is a bit too fast but I decided to accept and appreciate it, I wanted him to leave me alone but instead I said, "okay but I'll probably kick you out of the bed, sorry in advance."

He smiled and followed me to the bed.
It took some awkward minutes, but then Dandy cuddled up to me, and I kind of relaxed.
It was a warm night. I was weird having a stranger sleep next to me, but that's not really what it felt like. Dandy wasn't a stranger. He's a friend. A very child like and badly tempered friend. But still someone important to me, even if that is silly to say. And with those thoughts, I drifted to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to soft snorring.
Dandy lay next to me, and as if he sensed me looking at him, his eyes flew open, and a smile crept onto his face.

"Good morning, y/n." He sighed and streched.

"Morning." I said and looked away.

"What's wrong?" He interogated.

"Why are you like this?" I asked and sat up in bed.

"What do you mean? Amazing, fabulous, absolutely god-like?" He asked and held his head high.

"No. Fake." I said quietly.

His face turned red, and he shot up from the bed. "How dare you! After I've been so nice to you, you insult me like that! In my own home!"

"That's you. Angry and upset all the time. Why try to be nice? What for?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"You're mean! Stop being mean to me!" He yelled and stomped his foot down.

"Answer me. I'm tired of your play pretend. I know I can't leave. I'm your property. If you want me to think of it like that or not, it's the truth." I said and blinked slowly.

"Fine! I'm trying to please you. To make you happy! I bought you because I like you." He screamed.

"Be honest! You bought me because you could. To prove god knows what!" I yelled back.

He stomped back to the bed and yelled in my face. "I bought you because I wanted you! Because I always get what I want. And now you're mine, you have no choice! Y/N!"

I relaxed. And layed back down. "Was that so hard to admit? I'm just another addition to your riches."

Dandy made an angry noise and stormed out of my room.
I decided to get up and ready since I was probably going to be returned to Elsa for my disrespectful behavior to words Dandy. I packed my things and waited.
And waited and waited. But nothing happened. Until Dora yelled that breakfast was ready.
I left my bag and went downstairs.

"Everything alright, dear? I heard Dandy stomping around up there." Dora asked while I sat down.

"I wasn't too kind to him this morning. I guess I'll be returned soon." I sighed and chuckled a bit.

But Dora looked concerned. "Darling, I hope you didn't upset him because you thought he'd bring you back. Because once that boy found something he likes, he's not gonna give it up. Ever. And you y/n have cought his eye quite a bit." She explained.

"Then he won't get rid of me?" I asked.

"Not as long as you live." She said in a low voice. "Now eat your breakfast, or it'll get cold."

I complied and ate as much as I could. Dora's pancakes were the best I've ever had. It didn't take long for Dandy to come down. His eyes were puffy, and he sniffled a bit. He sat down next to me and mumbled something.

"What did you say?" I asked cautiously.

"I said I'm sorry." He huffed and looked at me.

"Apology accepted. I am sorry, too. I was very mean to you." I said and held out my hand to him.

"Yes, you were." He said but took my hand.

I waited for him to finish his breakfast and then we went upstairs together.

"Why did you pack your things?" He asked sternly.

"Because I thought you would want me to leave after what I said." Then I thought about it a little longer. "How do you know I packed my things?" I finally asked.

We stood in the hallway and I opened my door. The clothes I had packed were thrown everywhere throughout the room.

"What did you do!" I asked.

"Calm down! It made me angry that you packed. It looked like you were about to leave!" He cried out.

"Well, I'm not. And now you're gonna help me clean this mess up!" I demanded.

He whined but complied. He gathered my clothes and I put them back into the closet. Everything was going well until he handed me a piece of underwear.

I looked at him and turned bright red. "You can leave now. I can pick those up by myself!"

"Y/n, I already saw them. I was the one to throw them out and about in the first place. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. It's just clothing." He said, blushing a little bit.

Arguing seemed useless, so I let him continue. Eventually, we were done, and I decided to sit down for a moment.

"I wanted to show you something." He said as soon as my butt hit the chair.

"And what?" I asked.

"It's not in your room, so will you get up and follow me." He didn't even ask.

"If you can be more polite." I said but stood up anyway.

He led me out into the corridor and opened the door left to his bedroom.
He looked back at me when we walked into the massive room filled with toys.

"This is my playroom. Do you like it?" He asked with anticipation in his voice.

I looked around before answering. "Yes, I do like it. There's so much stuff here. Is that a miniature theater?" I asked and walked past him.

"Indeed it is. Are you a fan of the fine art?" He asked overly dramatic.

"As shakespear once said 'yes'." I recited and laughed.

Dandy chuckled a little bit and followed me to the theater.

"I have a lot of play scripts we could reinact!" He exclaimed and smiled.

I nodded and jumped up onto the small stage. "Which one do you wanna do first?" I asked, curious what his choice would tell me about his character.

"With you by my side. I wanna do romeo and juliet." He said and did a dramatic pose.

"Alright, then I'll be your juliet, but only if you'll be my romeo." I said and did an equally dramatic pose.

Dandy smiled and jumped up next to me. He ran to a chest behind one of the theater's curtains, revealing a small chest. He rummaged through it and threw a script at me.

"I don't need one. I already have it memorized!" He exclaimed.

The next couple of hours, we reinacted the entirety of romeo and juliet. Quite a challenge if you keep in mind we're only two people playing like 34 characters.
Dora yelled for us to come down for lunch, and I eventually got dandy to give into my need for food.