chapter 6: oh dandy

The next morning, I was awoken by loud knocking on my door.

I practically fell out of bed and threw a snaller blanket over me before answering the door.
And when I did, Elsa stood in front of me.
"We have to talk. Come into my tent when you're ready." She said in an apologetic manner and walked away, not even waiting for an answer.

So I got ready. I picked out a casual outfit, brushed my teeth, and did my hair. Then, I walked over to Elsa's tent.

"Come in. Sit down. We have business to talk about." She said and pured herself a drink.

"Okay." I said slowly and quietly.

"Before anything else, I want to tell you that I love you. You always have and always will be part of this family, and I'm sorry." She said quickly.

"Elsa, what is going on." I asked, frightened by her words.

"You know how the freakshow has struggled in the past few months and that it's not getting any better." She stated.

"Yes, of course." I answered truthfully.

"I will have to let you go. Well, no, that's  not true. You seem to have gotten along with the young man who was here yesterday." She said and emptied her glass.

"What. What has that got to do with anything. Elsa, I don't understand." I was confused.

"He and his mother came to me. Yesterday after the show. They said that he took a liking to you and wanted you. What that means is that they bought you." She said and got herself another drink.

"YOU SOLD ME?!" I yelled. Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Only because they didn't seem to have any questionable interest in you. You're supposed to be his friend, is all I believe." Elsa argued. "They'll be here tomorrow noon." She added.

"I can't believe you sold me." I felt like I was going insane. Sold by my mother figure.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I really am but we need the money." She said and downed her drink once more.

"I hope you got a good deal. Hope it was worth it." I said and left her tent.

I went back to my trailer and cried. I couldn't believe it, she sold me. And even worse, Dandy bought me! I thought about running away, but I knew that it was useless. If I was leaving, at least I could help the show.

After many hours of spiraling into madness, I decided to start packing my things, so I'd be ready and could spend the rest of my time with my dearest friends.