chapter 4: goodbye for now

We rounded a corner, and I saw Ma petite come over to me.

"Ah, ma petite, may I?" I asked and saw her nod. So I picked her up.
"This is ma petite. Our star and Fräulein Elsa's jewel." I smiled.

"But I thought you were the jewel." Dandy scoffed, which I ignored.

Ma petite whispered something in my ear, and I let her down.

"Okay. Shall we return to the main tent now?" I asked and smiled at Dandy.

"If we must." He sighed.

We went back to the tent but before we entered I asked him. "What did you mean? You thought I was the jewel?"

"Curious, huh?" He had a devilish smirk on his handsome face. "It's just that you don't have your own poster, and you kind of lead the whole show. I thought that meant you were a special attraction or something." He explained.

"Ouch. No. I'm the goblin. Not worthy of anything that truly matters." I laughed.

I took his and continued to lead us into the tent. His mother sat in her chair and didn't seem to have moved at all. I let Dandy sit down and remove his cuff. I'm leaving mine on for effect.

"Thank you for returning! Now, without further ado! Here are Salty and Pepper!" I yelled and ran behind the curtain.
They perfomed and I think I heard mrs. Mott laughs.

"Thank you, y/n." Paul said.

"Don't mention it. I'm just glad you were able to sort things out." I said and smiled. "Say, how exactly did you sort things out? Have you found Elsa?" I added.

"Eventually. Until then, Ethel helped us calm them down. They just needed to talk with Elsa for some reason. How'd they treat you?" Eve asked.

"Good. But I only took Dandy. His mother didn't want to. She just stayed in her seat." I said and smiled.

"Dandy?" Dot asked.
"And his mother?" Bette continued.

"Oh, right. Yes, his name is Dandy, and the lady is his mother." I explained.

"Aha. Okayy. And you showed him around?" Jimmy asked as he got ready for his act.

"Yeah. That's what we agreed on. I only showed him a little bit. Most of the time, we talked." I said.
This earned me suspicious looks from all around.

Salty and pepper giggled and stumbled through the curtains, and I peaked my head through the curtain and closed it. I repeated this a couple of times addunf more body every time until I jumped through and onto the stage. Dandy clapped and smiled. "Thank you. Thank you. But now! Make some noise for our lobster boy!" I yelled and ran jumped up and down until he came out.

The show went on, and soon enough, I found myself announcing the last act of the show.
After everyone bowed one final time, I walked over to Dandy and said goodbye. He seemed sad that he had to leave.

"Would you not like to come with me?" He asked.

"I would. But I can't. I have work to do and they are my family. I can't just leave them." I said and smiled, not thinking much of it.

We said our goodbyes, and they left.