Chapter 20: shopping tour

This was nothing like the way I felt back at the freak show. Back there, I felt weird. The starring was a bizzare one. But this. This was new! A new kind of "something you've never seen before" a new me. And I liked it. No. I loved it.
Dandy walked around with me like I was his most prized possession. Even though we both knew I'm not.
He walked with me like we were royalty, and everyone else didn't matter.
Like the earth beneath us belonged to us.

I felt happy.

Inside the different stores, the employees treated us with special care. I bet if Dandy had wanted one of their legs, they would've ripped it out with a smile. It's a funny thing to think about.

"My dear, would you try these on for me? I think they'd suit you really well." He said, motioning to an employee holding a bulk of elegant clothes.

"Of course, my love." I smiled and followed the employee.

And so the changing began. I would try something on, Dandy would compliment the shit out of me, and then I'd try on the next one.
This went on for quite a bit since Dandy
Brought in more stuff every now and then.

"Oh, I really like this one, Dandy!" I exclaimed excitedly as I exited the changing room. But he wasn't there.
I was met with the very shy looking gentleman who had held the pile of clothes.

"I'm sorry, your husband said he had something to urgently take care of but that he will be back very soon." The tall man said.

My face went red, and I almost lost balance. "My what? No, you've got it all wrong. He's not... I'm not his. Well, maybe. No." I stuttered and mumbled, which lightened the mans mood.

"Ah! I didn't mean to. I just assumed. Please forgive me." He said and smiled.

"You shall be forgiven. Now, let's get this done with before, Mr. Mott comes back and buys the entirety of your store." I laughed.