Chapter 22: what is happening

"I really like spending time with you,
Y/N." Dandy said when we were finished ordering.

"I actually have to agree with you." I said and smiled.

Dandy's smile was wide like a little child's in a candy store.

The food arrived, we ate and had a good, quiet time together. By the time that the desert arrived, Dandy couldn't sit still anymore.

"Why so ansty? Are you alright?" I asked, to which he replied with a big smile.

"I couldn't be better, my love." He said.

The desert was placed before us, but there was something else as well.
A small box had appeared in front of me. A small note is attached to the lid, reading 'open me'.

"Oh, look. What's that? The waiter must've lost it or something." I said and went to grab it. But Dandy caught my hand.

"Just open it already." He said and smiled with anticipation.

Knowing this would lead nowhere I did as he asked and opened the small box.
I can't describe the feeling that rushed over me.
Panic? Joy? Something else? I really don't know, but my voice was caught in my throat, and I got lightheaded.
Dandy asked me something with a smile, but the only thing I heard was the ringing in my ears.

I fell from my chair, the last thing I saw was Dandy. He looked shocked. And yelled something. Then everything went dark.