chapter 14: my head is spinning and I feel like vomiting butterflies

When I found Dandy, he was yelling. His head was red, and tears pricked his eyes.

"Dandy, what's wrong?" I asked and hurried to his side.

"None of your business." He said and turned away.

I felt my heart break a bit when he shoved me aside and stormed off.

"Don't worry about him." Dora said as she appeared behind me.

"But..." I tried to portest but stopped immediately.

Dora looked at me very confused.
"Oh dear... it's too late. That little manchild really made you feel things for him." He sighed.

"Dora. Don't be mad at me, okay?" I said and huffed.

"Oh no, I'm not mad at you. I'm disappointed and confused. How could you let this happen? You've witnessed his tantrums. For Pete's sake, he's a psychopath, if you haven't noticed yet." She said, flailing her arms around.

"But he's so different with me." I argued.

"Is he? Or do you just want to think that." She said and gave a hard look.

I tried to think about it for a second. But Dora continued.
"Don't you think you're trying to forget that he bought you? I'm trying to come up with a nice explanation for why you're staying in this fancy home without feeling like an object? Y/n. Be honest with yourself. That's all I'm asking of you." She said and walked back into the kitchen.

I was hit with the truth. And it hurt. But I didn't accept it.
Instead, I walked up the stairs and rushed into Danny's room.
However, it was empty. I took a moment to organize my feelings, but a moment wasn't enough. I walked through his room and looked at every little detail. It was like my room but the walls were damaged, which you only saw when you were up close to one.
It almost looked like he had punched and hit the walls repeatedly. Scrached at them and ran into them. It made me feel sick. To think my poor dandy had felt the need to take his anger out like this wasn't right.

I left his room and stormed into the playroom. There, I found him crying on the centered chaiselonge.
I quickly made my way over to him.
And patted his back.

"What do you want!" He yelled but didn't lift his face.

"I want to comfort you!" I yelled back and hugged him tightly.

"Stop it! I don't need your pity!" He yelled and tried to throw me off of him.

"I'm not letting you go! You need comfort. And you're getting it, if you want it or not!" I said and hugged him tighter.

He flopped back onto the chaiselonge and continued crying. I let him breathe but kept close to him. Soon enough, he calmed down and turned around to face me.

I put my face closer to his. Only mere inches from his and just looked at him.
His eyebrows were drawn together, and he opened his mouth but didn't say anything.
Then he kissed me very aggressively.

"Do you care about me?" He asked right after pulling away.

I couldn't comprehend what had happened, so I just nodded.

"I want to hear it!" He huffed.

"I... I think I love you." I said, which must've caught him off guard because his eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped. Only for a second thought, then he regained his composure and hugged me.

"If you lie to me. You'll have to suffer the consequences." He said loud and clear while letting go of me.

Was this a mistake? Were my feelings genuine or only a makeshift solution to prevent him from getting bored of me?
Maybe. Maybe not. I had to sort my emotions, but I didn't have the time. I just confessed my love to Dandy. A man I hardly knew. A man who took whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.