Safe Upstead

I got a request for Hailey's parents coming to work and her mom slapped her. I had to tweak it a bit since for this story her dad is already in jail. I also got a request for Trudy taking care of Hailey while she is hurt. This is kind of a part 2 for my 2 chapters in my other book help and love is the best medicine. I also threw some of my ideas in here.

Tw for abuse and suicidal ideation ( it is very briefly mentioned in one small part of the story)

Hailey was sitting at her desk doing paperwork when Trudy walked up.

"Hailey, can I talk to you?" Trudy asked.

"Um sure is everything ok?" Hailey replied.

"Let's go in the breakroom," Trudy told her.

Hailey and Jay looked at each other nervously as Hailey walked into the breakroom. The rest of the team looked towards the breakroom nervously.

"Your mom is downstairs and wants to see you she wants to apologize for all of the awful things she said to you over the phone a couple of weeks ago and is very adamant about seeing you but if you dont want to see her I will make her leave. I just wanted to tell you before I did anything," Trudy told her.

"Ok you can send her up but can you stay outside of the room" Hailey replied.

"Of course, I'm not going to let anything happen to you," Trudy told her.

Trudy and Hailey walked out of the breakroom. Trudy walked back downstairs and Jay walked up to Hailey.

"What's going on? Is everything ok?" Jay asked.

"Yeah my mom is here to apologize for the phone call from a couple of weeks ago," Hailey told her.

"Hailey" Jay said concerned. He was scared for her to do this and she could tell.

"It's going to be ok Jay. I want to give her a second chance I need to have a relationship with someone from my blood family if anything happens ill cut contact." Hailey told him

'Please just be careful. I dont want anything happening to you. I dont want you getting hurt again" Jay replied.

"I'm going to be ok. Trudy will be outside the room the whole time" Hailey reassured him.

Hailey's mom walked up and they went into the breakroom.

"Hailey I am so sorry for everything that happened. It was a heat-of-the-moment thing and it never should've happened. I dont blame you for dad being in jail I would like to take you out to lunch to talk tomorrow" Hailey's mom told her.

"I accept your apology but I need time to process this. I can't do lunch tomorrow its too soon.

"God you're so sensitive I apologized and this is what I get your not even gonna try? Your pathetic Hailey. Act like an adult your acting like a child right now." Hailey's mom replied angrily.

"Mom I am trying I accepted your apology I just need time to process this. I will go to lunch with you just not right now" Hailey defended herself.

"SHUT UP HAILEY" Her mom yelled.

"I'm sorry i-" Hailey tried to defend herself but her mom slapped her across the face hard as Trudy and Voight walked in. Voight ran towards the breakroom when he heard what was happening and Trudy and Voight ran in together. Trudy went up to Haile and Voight put her mom in cuffs and dragged her out. Jay ran into the room as her mom was being dragged out.

"Hailey baby," Jay said softly as he put his hand on her back.

Hailey jumped towards Trudy when Jay touched her.