Burden

___________________________________
Juliet

I wake up alone in my hospital room with morticia. I try to sit up properly but my hands are cuffed to the bed. Morticia hears the clanging of the metal and looks at me. "W..wheres larissa...I want larissa" I say starting to cry as I realize I can't get put of the cuffs.

Morticia stands up and comes over to me. "Relax juliet..larissa has went with gomez to try get these off you..they thought you were violent so they sedated and handcuffed you" she says stroking her thumb over my hairline. "Larissas gonna sue the hospital..for sedating you without her permission" she adds.

"I..im sorry..its just...why do you get everything..it was like this as a child..if I asked mother and father for the same thing as you..you would get it and id have to do chores to earn time with it..even with our dog.." I say recalling my childhood.

My parents always favored morticia over me. I was the younger twin...I was the unexpected one. Everything larissa asked for she was given. I had to work to get what I wanted.

When my father died I was married, pregnant with Wednesday and I had dropped out of school. No one spoke to me on the day of his funeral. They were all over morticia. She was the one with high grades in school.

"I'm sorry..for all of that...they just...didnt know how to treat you..we were so different.." she says. "We still are..again..im sorry for pouncing on you" I say looking down at my hands. She holds my hand "its fine juliet..just...try to get past all this..".

The door opens and larissa walks in with gomez behind her. "Get up love..im taking you home" larissa says whilst she unties my arms. "I thought she had to stay in for another week" morticia stays as she puts my things in a bag.

A few doctors come in. "This lot are saying they would sedate her everytime they changed her bandages..so im taking her home" larissa says. She helps me shuffle to the edge of the bed and she puts some jeans and a hoodie on me.

"Mrs weems..I suggest you leave your wife here for atleast another week...she needs psych evaluation and constant observation.." one doctor says. Larissa looks at him "my wife isn't mad dr lowes..it was just a sisterly fight...most sisters fight like that..and I will be watching her constantly".

We leave the hospital and she drives me back to the house. Morticia comes with us so that she can help larissa. I stay quiet the whole drive and when we get back to the house I go straight upstairs.

I feel like such a burden. Larissas gonna have to take time off work to keep an eye on me. And morticias gonna be away from home because of me. Maybe it would have been better if larissa didn't find me in time..

I get up and go to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and I pull my jeans off. I grab a razor from the cupboard and make cuts on my thighs. I hum at the familiar feeling. I wait for them to stop bleeding before I put my jeans back on.

I walk back out into the room and larissas sat on the bed. "What were you doing.." she asks looking at me worried. "Nothing..I went to pee" I lie. "For 10 minutes...yeah right.." she says.

I watch as she walks over to me and grabs onto my arm. She pulls my sleeves up and breathes a sigh of relief when she spots no new cuts. "See..peeing.." I say as I lay back down.

"The kids are with the girls at gomezs for the night..morticias getting a movie set up..are you coming to watch?" Larissa asks. I nod slightly and we go downstairs.

Halfway through the movie larissa lays her hand on my thigh. I hiss at the stinging and she pulls her hand away. "Whats wrong love.." she asks. "Nothing..just cold.." I lie again.

__________
Larissa

I look over to morticia who's sat on the other side of juliet. She nods and we wait. After a few minutes juliet gets up to get a drink. I stand up and i tackle her to the floor.

Once shes laid on her back morticia holds her arms down. I sit on her stomach and I pull her jeans down. "HEY...GET OFF ME" she screams whilst kicking her legs about. I stare at her thighs in shock. Her thighs are coated in cuts.

I get off her and move to hold her legs. Morticia looks at the cuts and her face drops "oh juliet...you did it again..". "Love...why..I thought you weren't gonna do it again" I say.

She pulls her arms from morticias grip and sits up. "I...just felt like a burden...if I wasn't here you wouldn't be stuck watching me 24/7" she mutters out.

We take her upstairs and lay on the bed with her. After a while of me stroking her hair she falls asleep on my chest.