ᴋɪᴅꜱ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ ɪᴅᴏʟꜱ

˜"*°•

˜"*°• PANSORI, 28.11.2020

˜"*°• a kid is teaching us pansori today. pansori is a traditional style of korean singing. im foreign, and scared. we were wearing traditional male hanboks, and i looked quite nice even though this isnt traditional to me. i'm more used to kimono's and haori's. 

˜"*°• we were sitting on pillows outside, a traditional korean building in the background. i sat next to mingi and yunho on one side, facing 4 other members. i was actually quite nervous for this.

i dont really do children either.

˜"*°•  there was a sudden loud drum from the building, i practically jumped out of my skin. i looked back at our teacher for the day, she was tiny, and she was dressed in traditional clothing as well. she started singing pansori, and we swayed our fans to welcome her playfully. 

once she stopped singing, we cheered. seonghwa threw his fan and stood up, clapping dramatically. i laughed. 

˜"*°• hongjoong spoke first as the leader.

" instructor, please introduce yourself." he announced and we al looked at our teacher

she sang her introduction in the traditional style, " everyone watching idol level up on 1thek, try listening to my introduction. I've listened to sounds inside my mothers stomach and im promoting myself as korean classical music whiz kid. this is a kid singer Kim Tae-Yeon, thanks for having me."

" wow." i said, i probably looked overwhelmed. i kind of was. 

˜"*°• she then gave a proper introduction without the singing.

" hello, this is kim tae-yeon doing pansori, and im 9 years old." 

we cheered but i was in shock of how powerful her voice is for a 9 year old, not only that but she's been doing pansori for 4 years already. i've only been doing rap for about 2. we welcomed her passionately.

˜"*°• we get candy as treats if we do good. i have a sweet tooth - i want some chocolate. she then picked hongjoong as her instructor. wooyoung complained

" i picked him because he talks the most." she said, and i burst out laughing, " you should calm down if you want to do pansori."

she said the first thing we had to learn was mime. it was about dancing and moving correctly with a fan in hand. 

" can anyone open a fan?" she asked

˜"*°• we all opened our fans quickly, and kind of professionally. the teacher tried to look at all of us at once.

" you didnt expect this did you!" san shouted and she scoffed which made me laugh into yunho's shoulder

" no..i.." she stuttered 

" sorry...sorry." san chuckled, i could tell he found her cute. she was super funny.

˜"*°•  she taught us properly how to hold the fan, and how best to open it and how it should look. i practised a few times, doing what she said. she then taught us some ways to pose and move when the fan has been opened. the moves were very graceful.