Missing Pt. 2 (Jac)

Janet Shakur- 43 & 48
Amaru Shakur- 45 & 50
Detective Brown- 21 & 26
***

Nobody's POV

Over the past couple of weeks, Detective Brown has been working on the Shakur's case. She goes there about every other day to get some information out of them. She has even spoken to Mr. Shakur so he can tell his side of the story.

Right now she was in her home waiting for her mother to come over while waiting she was going over the case. She does this about ten times a day because she truly wants to help the grieving couple. Soon she received a knock on her door. Detective Brown got up from her couch and opened the door for her mother.

"Hi, my baby."

"Hi, mom." She said hugging her mother. Her mother is an older white woman who adopted her when she was just a baby. Her parents were not able to have kids after her older sister was born.

"Are you still working on that case?" Her mother asked closing the door behind her

"Are you still working on that case?" Her mother asked closing the door behind her. They both walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Yep. This is the only cold case that I can't solve."

"Maybe I can help you."

"Mom, this is confidential." She said closing the file.

"Oh right, Maddie."

"So how's dad?"

"He's remodeling the bathroom again."

"Again? This is like the second time this year."

"I know. He's just bored since you moved out of the house. You know you're his little girl."

"Aww."

The mother-and-daughter duo spent the rest of the evening together. Once it got late her mother had to go home. When her mother left she went into her bathroom to get ready for bed. While she was taking off her clothes she noticed something on her thigh. A birthmark.

Flashback

Maddie was over at the Shakur's house to tell them something new about the case. Janet opened the door for her and embraced Maddie in a hug.

"Hi."

"Hi, I love your tattoo right there." Janet looked down at her thigh and saw the so-called tattoo that the detective was talking about.

"Oh, that's not a tattoo that's a genetic birthmark."

"Ohh that's cool. Do you think your daughter would have one?"

"Umm yeah, it sometimes skips generations but I believe so."

End flashback

"Oh my goodness. Am I their daughter?" She thought to herself. How come she hasn't noticed this birthmark on her body until now? Maddie put on her robe and rushed to her living room where the file was sitting. Opening it, all the information started to piece itself together, like a puzzle.