Letters (ToniFace)

Toni- 22-25
Kenny- 23-26
Tamar- 18-20
Taliyah- 1-3
•••

Nobody's POV
2 years ago

"Say Mama." Toni said to her daughter who just babbled.

"Da." Toni sighed and Kenny chuckled. Taliyah has said other words but just not Mama.

"I'm obviously the favorite." Kenny said as Taliyah walked to him.

"I carried you for nine months and went through seven hours of labor with you just for your first words to be DaDa? The betrayal." Toni playfully scoffed and her daughter laughed at her. He picked Taliyah up and she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Say Mama so your mother can stop being jealous."

"I'm not jealous Ken."

"Mama." She babbled and Toni gasped.

"Aww, baby you finally said it." Toni said taking her daughter from Kenny and kissing her all over her face.

"Mama." Taliyah laughed from the kisses.

"I love you."

"Wuv mama too." She said and kissed her mother's cheek.

***

The next day

Toni was making breakfast for Kenny when she got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" She answered but nobody answered back. All you could hear was heavy breathing on the other side. She quickly hung up the phone and continued breakfast.

"Ma ma." Taliyah babbled in her high chair. She was eating strawberries that Toni cut up for her.

"Yes, baby?"

"Good." She said rubbing her stomach.

"The fruit is good?" She nodded her head grabbing her sippy cup with organic apple juice and drinking it.

"Mommy has to go to the store later with auntie Tay to get some more apple juice."

"Juice?"

"Yes, I have to get some more."

***

8:25 PM

Toni and Tamar were at target because most of the grocery stores were closing. They didn't even need to get that many things anyway.

"Oh, let me go get the juice for Ashlee before I forget. Mike is dropping her off at mommy's house later."

"Okay, grab me one too please." Tamar nodded and went to the other aisle to get the juice. Toni grabbed the baby cereal when she felt someone brush against her.

"I'm sorry," She said apologizing to the person even though she didn't have to. The man then grabbed Toni's arm and she screamed, trying to fight him off.

"Stop fighting you bitch!" He said before placing a chloroform-soaked rag over her mouth to knock her out. Once she was knocked out, his friends came over and carried her out of Target.

There were barely any people in the store so nobody saw anything. A few moments later, Tamar walked back into the aisle.

"Toni, I also grabbed the yogurt that Liyah likes." Tamar's eyebrows rose into confusion when she didn't see her sister but only the cart.