Hopelessly Devoted To You (Jac)

This is part 2 to "Summer Nights"

Amaru/ Lesane- 18
Janet/ Damita Jo- 18
•••

Winter 1982
December 16

Guess mine is not the first heart broken My eyes are not the first to cry...

Janet has been crying ever since Amaru left to go back to Brooklyn. Even though they only knew each other for the summer she still misses him.

"Jan you have to eat." Her mother said knocking on her room door.

"I don't want to." She mumbled wiping her tears.

"Okay, your food will be in the microwave." Katherine said and proceeded to head downstairs.

Janet's POV

As soon as my mother left more tears fell from my eyes. I know I probably shouldn't be crying over someone that I've only have known for the summer but I just can't help it. My head is saying one thing but my heart is saying another. I don't know which one to listen to.

My head is sayin', "Fool, forget him"
My heart is sayin', "Don't let go Hold on to the end"...

I might just end up listening to my heart but then again, my heart could end up getting broken and I don't want that to happen.

Nobody's POV

"She didn't come out?" Jackie asked.

"Nope." Katherine said and took a seat on the couch next to Jermaine.

"I don't think she's going to get over him." She added.

"I figured." Rebbie said and sighed.

I'm not the first to know There's just no getting over you...

"I want to know who got my little sister so hooked like that." Michael said and they all looked at  Rebbie.

"What? Why are y'all looking at me for?"

"Cause we know that she told you." LaToya said.

"She didn't tell me anything."

"You know that it's bad to lie." Randy told his sister.

"Alright fine." Rebbie rolled her eyes.

"She said that his name is Amaru and that he was out here, from Brooklyn, to see his grandmother."

"He seems like a sweet kid." Katherine said.

"Just because he goes to see his grandmother?" Marlon asked and Katherine hit him in the back of his head.

"No, because I see the way he treats her. She was so happy this summer like he was her ray of sunshine."

"Mm, now I need to see what he looks like if he got my sister so sprung like this." Tito said and his brothers nodded in agreement. Before LaToya could speak, Janet came downstairs in a baggy sweatsuit. She walked into the kitchen and into the microwave getting the food that her mother left for her.