36: a key

Roy: so how do I make a deal?

Frin: I don't know... Touch it? Try to convey your feelings. I... Don't know...

Roy: -_- wow. That's very useful. Your very 'helpful' useless information.

Frin: urusei. I've never talked to the door. How would I know.

Roy: fine~~~ *stares* geee...

Frin: its not my fault!!!

" I'll try. " he touches the door and closes his eyes... He tries to think convey a message...

Roy pov:

Ooi. Answer. Door. I want to make a deal.

How rude. But you're not the first.

I've always been curious. What are you?

Hehe. You're one of the few who would ask this question. Many just want to pass me.

I'm curious.

Everyone is. Just some people are more curious what's beyond me than me. And you... Are curious about me yet want to cross me. Are you trying to find some weakness?

If its possible.

Hahaha... I'm made out of a thousand sacrifices. A thousand human souls. With one determined wish. To create me to create this other world.

I see. Than I guess it wouldn't be wrong to say you have emotions.

I'm not made up of emotions. I am not a thousand souls. I don't convey feelings of a thousand souls.

Avoiding my question.

Just learning from humans. Just learning. I'm not Truth, I don't have to be candid.

True enough.

So what can you offer me? Human. Roy mustang.

What can I offer you? That's more like my question.

True.You are a man who knows his things. Alright than... Here is my deal. When kia dies,you will be my gatekeeper.

You expecting her to die? How evil.

I really like kia. But she has to die one day. From being my gatekeeper or being an agent.

What do you mean?

My gatekeepers, reserve gatekeepers don't age. They die only of injuries.

I see.

You must know,even if you try to run away to the outside world because one day you decide to regret,it won't be of use. I will catch you and make you my gatekeeper.

I see. That damn kia... She better doesn't die than. Why me?

All of you gatekeepers ask me that question. You... Because you make an effort to make your way work. You see differently than other people. You doubt...

Now you make me sound like kia.

A little. Your choice. Human. For this one time open door.

Do I get to open this door whenever I like?

Oh. You're pushing it.

I have to come back here. I cannot simply leave kia or liasli sisters here. Or elric brothers. All the fights... Important ones are probably in here.

Alright than,extra condition for you. In return... Find a man. Find him,bring him to me and you can open the door whenever you want.

Fine. I agree. Even a door knows how to push it, over a human. Oh well. You are powerful.