14. New Mommy

Vaera was going to make Alicents life hell. It was her job as a daughter to torment step mothers. Her own mother read her the story Cinderella she knew what stepmothers did she knew what stepchildren did she knew that her and her sister were going to be pushed out they were going to be replaced so she was going to make the most of her youth and bring down her evil stepmother

What better time to do that than at her own wedding?

Alicent sat awkwardly next to Viserys when Vaera came up to them.

"Father." Vaera coed kissing his cheek.

"Hello my love. Did you see the cookie assortment for you?" Viserys offered he knew this situation was not ideal for his daughters but he was going to make it work. They all were. And the way to Vaeras heart was cookies.

"I did. Thank you daddy dearest." Vaera agreed. "Might I borrow your new bride?" Vaera asked innocently

"But of course." Viserys agreed and Alicent hesitated before rising as vaera extended a hand for her.

"What is she doing?" Rhaenyra whispered up to harwin.

"Causing chaos." Harwin suggested with a shrug.

"Alicent... you married my father." Vaera remarked

" i did." Alicent agreed. "I hope we can be friends now that we are family." Alicent offered.

"Family." Vaera repeated clicking her tongue. "Do I call you mommy now?" Vaera asked smugly.

"You dont have to-"

"Are you going to tuck me in and read me stories and sing me to sleep when the nightmares come?" Vaera mused her nails digging into Alicents arm.

"You are hurting me." Alicent hissed forcing a smile.

"Oh wait. You are my living nightmare." Vaera told her. The smile never left vaeras face. The light calm tone of her voice never wavered. "So I'm going to tell you something step mother." Vaera bit out.

"Vaera let me go." Alicent said in a panic.

"I'm going to make it my mission to become your nightmare. So you regret the moment you stole my father from me. And every single moment after that. Until the day you die." Vaera told her reaching lightly for alicents hair framing it around her nervous face.

"Vaer-"

"Princess. Princess Vaera to you." Vaera corrected calmly as she let her hands fall back to her sides. "Have fun tonight. For tomorrow the real fun begins." Vaera remarked sweetly.

"Princess-"

"I think I will have a cookie. Best be good and kind to my father. You dont want to get on my bad side." Vaera told her as she marched away.

Alicent stared at her as she released a shaky breath. She didnt know that anger that fury lived inside if Vaera. She was always so happy. But alicent had awoken a beast when she married Viserys.

"Harwin" vaera coed grabbing his hand. "Dance with me." She requested

"Always." Vaera stood on Harwins feet as he danced them around. He could barely feel her on his toes.

"What did you say to the queen?" Harwin questioned

"Alicent. She is no queen." Vaera corrected. "And i just gave her warning."

"A warning little love?" Harwin countered.

"Not to mess with a dragon."