44. Soak

Daemon found Vaera soaking in the tub her eyes closed and head tipped back against the edge of the tub. His hands trailing along her shoulders, down her breasts and to her stomach, sticking out of the water, full with his child, her body warm under the water. She opened her eyes staring back at him.

"Any day now."  Daemon remarked kissing her gently. 

"He's bigger than Haemon," Vaera remarked. 

"Twins perhaps?" Daemon offered. 

"A boy and a girl?" Vaera said hopefully. "I want a little girl." Daemon ran his hands over her stomach. 

"Two boys, handsome and tall like me." Daemon remarked. "Loving and gentle like you..." he went on kissing down her neck and chest. "smart, and passionate, always looking for a beautiful sunset." Daemon whispered and his hand stopped and Vaera felt the kick too. "Strong." he repeated and Vaera chuckled. "A different kind of strong." Daemon clarified as Vaera laughed back and he kissed her upside down. 

"Help me up im pruning in here." Vaera requested reaching out her hands for him. 

"Of course my queen." Daemon agreed helping her up gently. 

"Thank you my joker." He splashed at her as she rose and she laughed out almost slipping with her laughter but Daemon caught her. 

He peppered her face with kisses as he helped her out of the bath. 

"This is not without difficulty, I'll have you know," Daemon told her as he watched Vaera, body dripping onto the floor. Her entire body elongates, the delicate curves of her body accentuated, her very pregnant stomach on full display.

"What's that?" she questioned innocently.

"You know exactly what I mean," Daemon told her.

"Pretend I don't." She laughed running a finger from her belly button up her chest.

"I mean watching you, naked and wet, is making it difficult to concentrate," he told her, half-growling as she leaned up to him, he leaned down to kiss her, nibbling her bottom lip. A whimper escaped her as she exhaled. She heard his own ragged breathing against her cheek, his body rigid against her.

"Vaera," he growled. And she couldn't agree more. BUt she sucked in a breath and pulled back slightly. "Baby time?"

"Baby time." Vaera agreed.

+

They were right, it was twins. The first one was holding tight to the seconds ankle. 

"A boy!" the nurse declared. 

"Holding tight to a second, strong he is." 

Vaera gave a pained smile back at Daemon knowingly. 

"Better not be." Daemon murmured kissing her neck as he held tight to her, he could fell her racing heart, her back slick with sweat, a jagged breath as she screamed out pushing, struggling, pain filled her but she wanted this baby. She was so excited to meet them. 

"You are doing great, princess."

"So great gorgeous." Daemon coed. "So great." 

She loved Haemon, she hated the birthing process. 

"Another push." 

Daemon knew Vaera would be as elegant and graceful, precious and dignified  once again. She didn't cruse or cuss, she screamed and groaned and held tight to Daemon's hand but she was a trooper. 

"So good Gorgeous, almost there." daemon whispered and she closed her eyes as she felt Daemon's body wrap around her. "So good, almost there." He whispered kissing at gently. 

"Another boy princess."

"Another boy." Vaera repeated. 

"I told you." Daemon whispered kissing her again and again as the babes were placed in her arms. 

Vhaegon and Rhaegon. Twins. Boys. she was going to have a slew of little knights and dragon riders in no time. 

"Good thing Calypso hatched three eggs then." Daemon remarked. 

"They are so perfect." Vaera whispered. 

"I'm sorry princess but prince Haemon wishes to see you."

"Of course," Vaera said immediately. 

"A Sister?" Haemon asked staring down at them. "Two?" he gave her an oh wow look. 

"Twins, boys my love." Vaera told him. 

"I'm a big brother.' Haemon declared.

"You certainly are." Daemon agreed ruffling Haemon's very black hair.

+

 Haemon was 3 when the twins arrived and Haemon took to them right away. Vhaegon and Rhaegon were practically attached at the hip. Needing to be close to Vaera or each other to be settled. Haemon couldnt help but smile when he saw them. He babbled little songs to them and kissed them in the morning and at night. He showed them their dragons eggs every day. 

"This one is for you Vhae, and-' he ran back grabbing the other one. "-this one is for you Rhae." Haemon reminded them as they stared up at him from their crib. 

"Such a good big brother you are." Daemon remarked as Haemon climbed up on the couch with them. Vaera put her book and snuggled into Daemon's side as Haemon sat on daemon's lap. 

"You think they will hatch soon?" Haemon asked looking at his own egg. 

"I hope so, i would love to have another dragon." Vaera told him. 

"What if it doesnt hatch?" Haemon asked. "Can I have another?"

"When Caraxes and Calypso have another batch, of course, but i think yours will hatch." Daemon assured. 

"What if none of them hatch?" Haemon offered. 

"Your father and I are not ones for rules." Vaera remarked. she glanced up at daemon as he kissed her temple. "I say as long as the eggs keep coming if they dont hatch, we pick another. And if they hatch down the road then..." Vaera shrugged. "Dragons are always useful." Vaera reminded him. Haemon stared back at his baby brothers sleeping soundly. 

"I'm really glad i'm a big brother." Haemon told them. 

"Me too, baby."