45. Hatch

Those mornings when they kissed and surrendered for an hour before they say a single word. It was breathtaking. Vaera stared back at Daemon when the door flew open. Their eyes flew to the door as a very excited Haemon stared back at them.

"It's happening!" Haemon declared, egg in hand Vaera pulled him up.

"I told you it would." Daemon reminded him. Haemon nodded and Daemon couldn't tell who was more excited, Haemon or Vaera. Vaera loved baby dragons. Haemond sat in her lap the egg in front of them. Vaera's hand ran over his little legs as Daemon's hand ran over Vaera's back. He loved that smile on her face. The egg cracked more and more and a little blue head popped out. The squeal that escaped Vaera's lips was one of pure wonder and amazement.

"mama, mama..." Haemon whispered pointing at him.

"I see!" Vaera said kissing his cheek. His little blue head broke free and he stretched out his neck breaking free of his egg. He looked at them and squawked out.

"MAMA!" Haemon exclaimed.

"Oh... hes so pretty." Vaera said as Haemon reached out for him.

"Your very own dragon," Daemon remarked. "A handsome one too."

"What are you going to call him love?" Vaera asked reaching out a hand, the dragon nudged against her finger.

"Blue." Haemon said.

"He is blue. Big blue eyes, a bit of Targaryen red in the wings." Vaera remarked as the dragon stretched out his wings flapping them, adjusting to world outside of his egg.

"Blue." Haemon told her.

"You want to call him Blue?" Daemon realized.

"Blue." Haemon agreed. "Hello Blue..."

"he is so pretty." Vaera said leaning back into Daemon. "Look at those eyes..."

Daemon saw a sadness cover Vaera's eyes as she looked into Blues. He kissed her cheek pulling her closer.

"You miss home." daemon remarked softly. "Viserys and Rhaenyra..." Vaera nodded.

"I wish they could meet Haemon and Vhaegon and Rhaegon..." Vaera whispered.

"So we go back." Daemon agreed.

"Yeah?"

"You know you are the boss in this relationship." Daemon reminded her. "And I just want you happy."

"You make me happy. The kids make me happy." Vaera assured.

"You are my little queen." Daemon reminded her. "Whatever you want."

"Whatever I want..." Vaera repeated. "You spoil me."

"I love you. I have always loved you." Daemon whispered as he captured her lips.

"Mama look!" Haemon said as Blue took a few unsteady steps into Haemon's hand. "Daddy!"

"I see bud." Daemon agreed. "Bonding already."

"I want to show Vhae and Rhae." Haemon told them as Daemon helped him off the bed.

"Be careful love." Vaera called as Haemon ran off.

"What do you say?" Daemon whispered. "Are we going home?"

"Home is where ever I'm with you." Vaera corrected. "But..." she added covering her face with her hands.

"I think Viserys misses his favorite girl." Daemon told her. "I think..." he kissed her again laying her back trapping her between his legs. "That he needs to meet his grandbabies..."

"I love you Daemon."

"I love you Vaera." he echoed lowering down to her. 

Haemon's dragon!

Haemon's dragon!

littletargaryenmoony showed a baby dragon in her story and I was like why wasnt I doing that this whole time? Baby dragons are so stinking cute!