68. Three is Hard

Jump then fall // Jaime Lannister x Jurassic world crossover!

Unfinished business // Sandor Clegane out now!

"One, two," Vhaegon declared. 

"One, two." Rhaegon repeated. Vaera smiled back at them. 

"One"

"Two."

''Three.' Vaera offered and her boys stared back at her. 

'Two.' Vhaegon shouted happily

'Three.' Vaera offered again

'Two.' Rhaegon said determined his little smile wavering.

'Three.' Vaera said holding up three fingers. The boys faces contorted as they tried to hold up three fingers

'Two one go!'

'Three. You missed three.' Vaera called after them and Vhaegon pursed his lips.

'Two on-'

'Three. Three.' Vaera said laughing. Again Vhaegons face contorted.

'Two-' Vhaegon begged.

'Three.' Vaera repeated and Rhaegon scrunched up his nose finally holding up three fingers.

'Three.' Rhaegon repeated slowly.

'Good! What's next?' Vaera questioned holding up two fingers, Harwin watched them from afar. 

Who knew having a child at the capitol would bring so much life back into the place. At least in his eyes. But then again. Maybe it was Vaera that put a smile on his face. All of Vaera's children, so vibrant and full of life and love.

'GO!" Rhaegon declared taking off running a big smile on his little lips. Vhaegon chased after his brother happily.

'Rhae! Vhae!!" Vaera laughed out as she got up but the twins kept laughing as they went and Vaera couldn't help but smile as she chased after them.

'Hi!' Vhaegon said running up to Harwin and Criston and abandoning her numbers.

'Hello.' Harwin said softly.

"We pick mama a flower." Rhaegon suggested to Vhaegon.

'Yes, Flowers,' Vhaegon agreed moving to the garden.

'Yes we have lots of flowers. Where is your mother?'

'Mama?' Haemon questioned moving through the courtyard after Vaera.

"Ah, bonding with my favorite knights." Vaera remarked as she pressed a kiss to Vhae and Rhae's cheek and the boys smiles grew. Vhae laughed as he tapped Vaera's cheeks with his hand. 

"They were going to pick you a flower Princess." Criston remarked. 

"Were you?" Vaera asked running a hand through Rhaegon's hair. "thats so sweet. My sweet boys just like your big brother." 

"MAMA!" Haemon demanded.

"Lets go find big brother first." Vaera suggested hearing Haemon's little pleas.

"Ady? One, two, one, two, one, two goo!' Rhaegon declared

'Go!' Vaera echoed with a laugh and Rhae and Vhae ran down the path towards Haemon.

'I would like it to be known they can count to three,' Vaera remarked as she walked in between Harwin and Criston. He heard the echo of one two one two gooo! And then the pitter patter of feet charging towards him.

'Three is hard,' Harwin teased smiling back at Vaera.

'One two one two...' Vhae held up one finger as he counted. 'Go!'

'Go!" Vaera repeated and they took off running. Again the echo could be heard one two one two go as he came back. 'Vhae and Rhae like you,' Vaera remarked "The both of you." she added looking to criston. 

'I like them,' Harwin informed her. 

'Mama?" 

"Right here honey!" Vaera declared kissing Haemons forehead. 

'One two one two...' Rhaegon stared at them an open mouthed smile on his lips as he waited for their attention 

"Where were you?" Haemon asked staring up accusingly at Harwin and Criston. 

"playing with your brothers, now that they got the hang of their legs they are unstoppable." Vaera remarked. Haemon put a hand on her very pregnant stomach. 

"Can I name this one?" Haemon asked. 

"Lets pick a name with daddy tonight." Vaera suggested. Vhae nudged Rhae and he nudged him right back. Vaera pulled her eyes away from Haemon but kept a hand on him and Rhae and Vhae started again.

 'one two one two go!' they echoed

'Go!' Vaera and Haemon echoed them right back. 

"Best big brother." Vaera declared kissing Haemon again. 'They could this for hours.' Vaera remarked.

'Only ever one two?' Criston questioned. 

'Only ever one two... it echoes in my head at night,' Vaera informed them. 'You ever hear people say to count sheep to fall asleep?'

'Of course. Strange theory but I know it,' Harwin agreed.

'Well I tried that with her one night since my boys are night owls like me and dont think morning should be a thing." Vaera added and Haemon nodded in agreement.  "and I started counting the stars because we could see those from the twins window and pretend sheep wasn't going to work.' Vaera went on, 'So I said one and Rhaegon said two and I started to say three and Vhaegon went back to one and screamed go!' Vaera declared as Rhaegon came running back 'and he was rejuvenated. Up all night and slept all day.'

'You like the stars?' Harwin questioned, he didnt know that. He thought he knew Vaera so well. 

'Love them. My father used to tell me of the stars and then when we were in pentos it was so dark at night, you could see every star. Daemon used to tell Haemon a different story about the stars and the constellations every night.' Vaera recalled. "We havent done that in a while." She remarked looking at Haemon. 

'That's lovely,' Harwin said softly. Wishing he could have some father son bonding but knowing it wasnt his place. But he still wanted to know Haemon, bond and be his friend but Haemon still wasnt a fan of Harwin. 

'One two one two go!'

'Go!' They echoed and Rhaegon shrieked with laughter as he ran back down the trail. Vhaegon on his heels.

'They are adorable,' Criston said with a chuckle.

'Just wait until they want you to join them running back and forth.' Vaera countered as Haemon held to her hand walking her back and keeping an eye on Harwin and Criston. 

"I can protect queen mommy from here." Haemon informed them as he led her back inside. 

"Thank you boys." Vaera said glancing back at Harwin and Criston.