50. Puff

Epiphany // Alicent Hightower out now!!

"Vhaegon and Rhaegon." Vaera introduced.

"Harwin." Daemon said pulling him out into the hall.

"Prince Daemon." Harwin replied stiffly.

"Yes... you see, my wife, my Vaera, my children... I don't think I want you near them." daemon remarked.

"Your wife, my son." Harwin countered softly. "And the princess seems just fine with my company." Harwin added.

"I don't like you." Daemon remarked.

"You don't have to like me." Harwin informed him. "It was always Vaera that I protected. If that means protecting her from you... then I will gladly take you on." Daemon took a step back, his eyes narrowed in on Harwin.

"Daemon!" Vaera declared. "Stop that."

"Stop what gorgeous?" daemon mused stepping back inside the room.

"Your pissing match with Harwin." Vaera told him as Rhaenyra held up Vhae.

"So handsome, all boys... what a blessing." Nyra remarked.

"Yes... my handsome little army in the making." Vaera remarked picking up Haemon.

"I be big like him mama?" Haemon asked looking to Harwin.

"Maybe." Vaera whispered an embarrassed blush on her cheeks.

"You don't want to be all big and-" Daemon glanced to Harwin. "-bear like." Daemon offered and Vaera rolled her eyes. "You want to be quick and slim like daddy." Daemon told him. Haemon tipped his head into Vaera but smiled back at Daemon.

"Daemon." Vaera chuckled. 

"I want to show em Blue." Haemon whispered loudly in Vaera's ear. 

"Yeah? I think they would love that." Vaera agreed. She looked to the fire to see the twin's eggs nestled in the warmth. 

"Blue, Blue!" Haemon called out. Nyra took a step back at Blue popped his head out. 

"I thought that was a toy." Nyra declared. "He's so pretty." 

"I always knew Calypso would have the most beautiful babies." Vaera told her. "She is gorgeous." 

"Like her mama." Daemon whispered kissing her possessively. Harwin grit his teeth unable to look away as Vaera leaned into Daemon. 

It was easy with Tyon. Vaera hated him. But Vaera clearly loved Daemon. How was Harwin to compete with the man she ran away with, flew across the narrow sea and brought three children into the world. The woman that he still loved with every morsel of his being stood right in front of him after four years and yet... she clung to someone else. 

Harwin had loved Vaera and only Vaera so long, he had locked that part of him away. He never thought he would see her again and if by some chance he did see her, he didnt think the feelings would be so strong still. Like no time had passed and they were still two people rolling out of bed after a magical night. 

But there she stood, tall and confident, every inch of her as regal and beautiful as a Queen. Haemon on her hip and Daemon's lips on hers. 

Vaera Strong, something Harwin once imagined would never happen now. She was Vaera Targaryen still but she was claimed once again. 

Vaera locked eyes with Harwin and it was like she could read his mind. She stared back at him as Daemon moved to Rhaegon, whimpering slightly in his crib. Tears pulled at her eyes, the same as Harwin's as though they both knew nothing would ever be the same. 

"Haemon, can you say hi to mama's good friend again?" vaera asked taking a step closer to Harwin. "He is really nice... you are going to love him." 

"Hi Haemon..." Harwin whispered but Haemon ducked his head into Vaera's neck. 

"Sorry... he will get used to you." Vaera offered. "You two will be the best of friends in no time." 

"I hope so." Harwin agreed leaning forward and pressing a kiss to Vaera's cheek. "I'm always going to love you Vaera." Harwin whispered before pulling back. 

So many things she wanted to say raced through her mind but she couldn't say a single thing. She was married, to a man she loved and had three children... Daemon was a good father, a good husband and took care of her and the children unwaveringly. 

"Vee!" Nyra called back to her. "Can I have an egg from Calypso's next batch for this one?" Nyra asked running a hand over her very pregnant stomach. "I wonder if they are all so pretty." 

"I hope we find out soon." Vaera remarked turning away from Harwin. "I love baby dragons and Blue is so perfect." 

"Blue. Sit." Haemon declared and Blue wiggled his little butt before plopping it down, he stared up at Haemon with big blue eyes waiting for the next command. "Mama, I show them?" Haemon asked. 

"Go on love." Vaera agreed putting him down. 

"Look." Haemon said happily. "Blue." Blue focused on Haemon. "Puff!" 

"Puff?" nyra asked as Blue blew out a bit of smoke in a ring in front of him. "Puff! That's so precious!" Nyra declared. 

"Yeah..." Vaera agreed laughing as Haemon declared Puff again and blue puffed out a ring of smoke.