20, Future of the Realm

"You want to join me?" Vaera mused and harwin chuckled. "Im entirely serious."

"Vaera!" Viserys shouted.

"We can talk later." Vaera offered innocently.

"Va-Vaera!" Viserys moved quickly to her he couldnt believe his eyes.

"Hi daddy." Vaera said softly as viserys pulled her away from Harwin.

"What... what... wh-what happened vaera love?" Viserys sputtered his hands holding her face as he wiped at her bloody cheeks.

"We had a hunt of our own daddy." Vaera told him innocently. "Nyra is fine." Vaera added. "Im fine. Its not my blood."

"Vaera!" Viserys thought his heart might burst.

"Im fine daddy I promise. Ser criston was there and... it looks bad." Vaera admitted twisting her feet on the ground. "But really daddy im fine."

"Vaera..." it was all he could say.

"Daddy..." vaera hugged him tight. "Im okay. I need a bath as Harwin suggested but im not hurt." Viserys nodded keeping her to him. "Breathe Daddy breathe." Vaera coed. "Im alright. Nyra is alright. Everyone is alright."

"Vaera..."

"Im right here. Right here..."

+

'Come, sweet Prince. Let's give Her Grace some peace.' The handmaiden requested taking aegon away. he continued to scream.

' Did you enjoy the hunt, Your Grace?' Otto asked his daughter

'Well enough.'

'How fared my grandson?'

'The ladies Lannister and Redwyne were quite taken with him.' Alicent remarked.

'As they should be. He's the future of the realm. Well, you yourself witnessed the scale of the celebration, how it's united the men. When you bore the King a son, you ended 15 years of uncertainty and doubt. Aegon, like his namesake, was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms. If Viserys were to name him heir, the realm would fete him for it.' Otto remarked but Alicent stayed silent. 'And does this not please you? Do you not want your son to be King?'

'And what mother wouldn't?' Alicent countered

'You mustn't ignore the certain truth that if Rhaenyra were to step over Aegon to ascend the throne, the realm would tear itself apart.'

'They all swore obeisance to her, our house among them.'

'That was before Aegon.' Otto reminded her.

'Rhaenyra will be a good queen.'

'It wouldn't matter if she were Jaehaerys himself born again. Rhaenyra is a woman.'

'What of my son? Would you have me raise a man to steal his own sister's birthright?' Alicent countered

'It is Aegon that's being robbed. He's the firstborn son of the King. To deny that he is heir to the throne is to assail the laws of gods and men. The road ahead is uncertain, but the end is clear. Aegon will be king. You must guide Viserys towards reason. He'll never find it on his own.' Otto remarked heading out.

+

"Seriously Harwin?" Vaera questioned as he slowly opened the door she had just finished her bath and was all clean, blood all washed away and a towel wrapped around her.

"Princess." He said with a chuckle. She let out a huff. 

"I was entirely serious." Vaera told him.