Bonus Chapter: One

Jemmah's POV

Three months later

Well, I got pregnant!

Isn't that good news?

At first, I didn't think it was. I wasn't ready for a baby, and I didn't plan for it.

I didn't see myself pregnant this year. I had never really given having a baby thought, and I was pretty disoriented when the doctor told me I was pregnant.

Karanos was in the country for a three-month vacation and a company merger. So, he was running around and setting things up while I relaxed. He didn't want me stressed out.

I told him a week later while we were on a date. I knew it wasn't the perfect timing, and I hadn't crested one, so I thought informing him on a date would spice things up since he was in a happy mood.

Well, it spiced things up. Kal leaped to his feet and kicked his chair back as he walked towards my seat. He lifted me and twirled me around. He was thrilled, but I wasn't quite sure I was.

Okay, here's the thing.

I was just so confused about the pregnancy thing, and I wanted to burst into tears, but Kal was here swinging me around as I had just bought him a country. I didn't want to spoil his happiness which I was glad about, so I let him enjoy his evening as he suggested baby names we would give our child if it were a boy.

He wanted a boy child. But I had no idea what I wanted. Did I even want a child at all? That's what I thought about throughout our whole meal that night.

Karanos didn't notice until I stopped eating. I wiped my mouth and pulled my quiche toward me, and when he asked why I stopped eating, I told him I didn't have the appetite.

Karanos didn't believe me. He stopped eating, too, and joined me in eating my quiche. I didn't mind, and as soon as we were done eating, we left the restaurant.

Before I walked into the car, Kal drew me to him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He had asked. "Your mood changed after you told me about your pregnancy. Or don't you want a baby?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it, Kal,"

But Kal was all for worrying. He stared deep into my eyes. "Want to get rid of the baby? I'm in support. I won't pressure you because you're carrying the baby, okay? Just tell me what's going on with you. I hate seeing you this way."

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. "You and I are carrying the baby. Not just me. You put this baby into me, and I fertilized it, you bozo!" Then I went behind to cry. Karanos pulled me close to him, rocking me back and forth.

"I'm just not sure how this is going to be. I'm quite confused, and it's messing with my moods. I'm going. I'm scared, babe. I'm scared. So, a baby is going to slip out of me, and I can't even take a dick bigger than yours," I sob.

I felt Karanos vibrate against me, and when I pulled away to look at him, I saw that he was laughing heartily. I didn't find it funny, so I hit his shoulder, and he brought me back to him.

"Now I understand it's all pregnancy hormones. I'm getting prepared to be nagged,"

Karanos comforts me, and I feel better.

Susan's POV

Waking up this morning feels like a task. I had a long night last night with Achilles.

We were on a date last night when I suddenly started feeling feverish, so he suggested we both go home. The fever got worse, and as soon as we got home, I took some medications we bought from a drugstore on our way back.