Chapter 50: Kinksters

Kal's POV

Earlier, she had sent one of the secretaries to bring me to her office. I have an idea that the lady recognizes me, but I pay her no attention as she stutters while talking to me. I give her a curt smile once we get to the door leading into the CEO's office. As soon as she's out of sight, I knock twice on the mahogany door.

"Come in," a familiar voice, muffled, calls back.

Twisting the knob, I push the door open and look around her office while walking in.

Hmm. Impressive.

The whole situation is quite awkward. Seeing Jemmah this way — all dressed up and looking like a boss lady is truly a weird sight.

No, I am in no way intimidated by her riches. Heck, I have lots of that. It's nothing to me. Her newfound fame doesn't move me in any way. Instead, I am only trying to get over the shock of finding out that she's the CEO of BSL.

Jemmah is seated behind a wide glass desk, and her eyes are trained on me. Her beautiful hazel orbs never cease to mesmerize me. This time, her eyes look green under the lights pouring down from the ceiling of her office.

"Karanos," She says, sighs, and leans back against her seat.

I chuckle, and she doesn't miss it as she frowns. Before she can ask a question, I give her a reply. "It's just that seeing you dressed this way is funny."

Her frown deepens. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

I shrug, pulling out a chair from under her desk. She's watching me from beneath her lashes, and I swear, it has to be the most beautiful thing I've seen all evening. Apart from her as a whole, though.

"Since we met, your dress sense has always screamed, "Bitch don't kill my vibe, I do what I please," and seeing you dressed like a woman that wants to become president of America is very strange. I'll get used to it, though."

She rolls her eyes and huffs. "So, why did you ask to see me?"

"I figured you'd be the type to always leave after everyone, even when you're the boss. So here I came to apologize."

The expression on her face has me wondering. Why does she look shocked?

Blinking, she bursts into a peal of surprised laughter. "You've got to be kidding me, Kal. You're apologizing?"

I do not give her a reply. Instead, I stare out of the floor-to-ceiling windows behind her, out-looking the soon-to-be nightlife of Italy.

"Yes, I am apologizing," I say with a lopsided grin. "I shouldn't have said what I said about your company or anybody. Rejection must happen at one point in our life, but I couldn't handle it. I reacted badly and spoke ill of BSL. This is why I want you to forgive me."

I notice that her eyes are closed. Even in the faint glow, I can see her as clearly as crystals. She's so angelic despite her dark skin.

Jemmah sighs, offers no reply, and stands to her feet. She pulls off her jacket and rests it on her seat before walking to the window, and I watch how her hips move from right to left.

Damn.

Anything looks good on her. The clothes she's cladded in hug every one of her curves perfectly. I can't control myself around her, and seeing her dressed so corporately and still looking breathtaking has my groin tightening. Without thinking, I am on my feet and walking toward where she's standing.