Chapter 15: Slowly Melting her Ice

Kal's POV

She is moving quickly away from me and somehow, it is getting me pissed.

   At the show, I was out of concentration and that was because I was thinking all about getting to Bells and having a conversation with her. No matter how short.

   Linda, as usual, was excited to see me. Before she did, I caught a view of her sitting at the high table, looking all sulky. The reason was obvious to me; her parents weren't around to watch her perform and show them all she had been doing from a young age.

   Now, I am back at the faculty of arts, just because I want to talk to this lady. She should be grateful that I am chasing after her. Many women do not get this privileged. I have no idea what her issue is.

   She hasn't stopped, even after I yell her name out loud. So, I keep moving. She's already past the lobby and inside the large faculty hall.

   I can outrun her if I want to, but that would be showing that I am really desperate which is not good for my reputation. Women come to me, I do not go to them like I am doing to this woman. What the fuck is going on with her?

   Finally, I catch up with her.

   She's about to take the steps, but my fingers wrap around her arm and I pull her backwards, causing the drink I did not see before to spill on her dress.

   I hear a gasp and immediately she steps back to greet me with a harsh glare. I almost flinch back in surprise at the intensity of her stare.

   "Damn," I mutter and try to help her wipe her top with a kerchief I immediately whip out of my blazer pocket. "I had no idea that you were holding something. I am sorry."

   "Don't touch me!" Bells fires. Immediately, she moves away from my hold and teeters backwards. But I am quick enough to grab her arm again. Stabling her properly, I give her her space, unwrapping my fingers from her soft brown skin I want to plant kisses on with my lips.

   "At least, let me clean you up. Your dress is soiled with that coffee in your hands." I plead with her in a voice I am trying to keep calm. I wouldn't do this for another woman.

   Bells scoffs and is about to turn away when I begin to wipe her clothes. The coffee spilled on the front part of her skirt and I lower my hand a bit, giving her a stare to permit me. She doesn't say anything in reply to my gesture, so I take it and a yes.

   I wipe the wetness of the coffee from her top?

   I don't know what exactly she's wearing and I am honestly serious. Wanting to know what that beautiful thing wrapped around her upper body is.

   I draw in a silent breath when my eyes come in contact with her exposed belly. She has a piercing in her belly button and on my grandma's grave, it looks extremely sexy on her.

   I blink my eyes like I am getting out of a trance and wipe her skirt swiftly, ignoring the burning tension we both are feeling. Tension thick enough to be cut through with a blade.

   "Thanks." She says to me dismissively and turns on her feet. I keep following her up the stairs, hoping that she decides to show mercy on me and give me a little of her time.

   When she doesn't, I take the steps two at a time. Soon, I am beside her, taking the steps according to her pace. I feel her breathe in deeply and hopes she says something.

   We're at the gallery, and she hasn't said a word to me. The dimly lit area is covered in a painted artwork of the Parthenon Frieze. I recognize it immediately from its uniqueness. Stopping for a bit, I trace my fingers on the wall like I would do to Bells' beautiful skin.

   "Parthenon Frieze…"

   Like I have said the magic word to open up a door refusing to unlock, Bells stops in her tracks and turns to look at me in surprise. Like she didn't expect me to know what that is.

   "Oh my goodness," She gasped. "You have an idea about the Parthenon Frieze?"

   I shrug, smiling at myself for being so smart. Then, the cockiness sets in. "Of course. I'm too smart not to know that."

   Just like I expect, she rolls her eyes.

   I continue before she turns and walks away from me. "We could discuss more about art, though. If you let me." I offer.

   She shakes her head and then those eyes, those hazel eyes, pretty enough to stare out for the whole day deeps into the skin of my face. "I already told you. I do not have any business with you outside of the club."

   I notice that her tone lowers immediately when she makes mention of the club. Like she is hiding it from someone close by. It makes me frown. Whoever is making her this way needs to be threatened.

   Bells is obviously fending for herself and her school issues. Nobody has to tell me for me to know that. Though, she doesn't look like it. I commend her for doing a great job at masking her socially unacceptable job.

   "Hello?!"

   Her voice brings me back to earth and her small hand waves in front of me. I blink and straighten, pulling at the lapel of my blazer to conceal the slight embarrassment I am feeling right now.

   This is new.

   "I'm sorry, I got carried away by thoughts concerning my office." I say to her.

   She doesn't seem to believe me, but she says nothing in regards to the lie I just fabricated. "You should leave already. You have other things to do and I am definitely not one of them."

   This makes me laugh. "That's not true," I reveal. "Infact, you're the sole reason I am here today."

   Like I just cracked a joke, Bells chortles, exposing her beautiful dentition and wide lips that makes her look like a goddess. Her sandaled feet tap against the floor and like the sound is a push button, her eyes dart to the cup of coffee she's holding.

   Her gasp is very much audible and she curses under her breath. When she looks at me, it is filled with annoyance.

   I seem to be at fault for everything happening to her right now and somehow, I do not mind being the person that makes her all worked up and angry.

   Ignoring my very existence, she hurries to the door and pushes it open, leaving it to shut with careless abandon. I wonder who she's hurrying to meet there.

    A guy?

   Her boyfriend?

   My fist clenches and I do not know what to feel.

   Rage. Jealousy. More rage.

   Damn, I should cut myself a slack. Maybe I am doing too much.

   I should stop and leave her be. If she had wanted me, she would have come to me anyways. Even be interested in me on our first day of meeting.

   Above the doors Bells just went in through, it read, TRADITIONAL LIBRARY.

   She probably has a boyfriend or a love interest. Definitely an art fanatic or a musician. Maybe her lecturer.

   I push the door open and I stop myself when I see Bells standing in front of a long large table, speaking to an old woman.

   Bells looks really worked up, but the old lady seated there tells her it's not a problem.

   "Can I get you another?"

   She's nice to everyone but me. So painful.

   "Well, I do not need any other cup. I am fine with this," There's a slight pause. "But, this handsome young man might need one. He looks quite confused and lost."

   "I think I'll go now." Bells says to the old librarian and begins to walk away.

   "Bells, can we speak for a while?" I plead. I promise not to take much of your time.

   "Bells," I close my eyes in thanks to whoever is up there listening. This old woman can have my heart. "I think this man really needs to speak to you. I am sure that you are aware of that."

   "I have nothing to say to him." Bells says and smiles at the old woman.

   I wish she would really do that with me.

   Fuck it. If she's not going to stand and listen to me, I might as well announce it to everyone and everything in here, right now.

   "Just one date," I began. "I beg of you, Bells. I am not asking for so much. Let me just take you out for a couple of drinks and small talk. That's all I want…"

   "I already told you—"

   Bells is cut short by the old woman who clears her throat like she is trying to make a speech while giving her a stern look to which Bells melts at.

   They have communicated. I know it. Though they didn't speak to each other verbally, I know that they already communicated.

   Then, Bells turns to me. She's expressionless as she speaks to me, but I do not mind.

   "Alright. When will you be free?"

   "Tuesday unfailingly." I reply to her.

   "Alright, till then." She says it like she's closing a business deal before she walks further I to the library.