Chapter 32: Taleela Is Wilder

Susan's POV

Tarantino is a beautiful man.

Tall, lithe, and lanky with the graces of a model. His smile is like a light on my path, totally contagious and beautiful. What they call a million-dollar smile.

Though Achilles is buffier, they share a few traits. The hair, eyes, and sharp jaw. Tarantino is taller and quite the bold one.

   Once he is free from his elder brother's hold, he rubs at his throat while coughing and glaring at Achilles who has gone back to preparing breakfast for us both. Their relationship, from what I had seen moments ago, is a cordial one.

   As Tarantino slides into the stool beside mine, he gives me a slow smile, his eyes twinkling. I couldn't hold it back so I spoke. "You're so beautiful."

   Tarantino's eyes widen. He laughs, looking at Achilles who has already turned and is shooting him death glares.

   "Stay away from Susan, Tarantino." Achilles warns, a shadow of a smile coating his face.

   Tarantino raises both of his hands in surrender as he balances his foot on the wooden footrest of the stool. "I did nothing. She just made a usual compliment. But, I have to give her the credit. She's quite the bold one. Lucky catch, bro."

   Achilles comes over to the counter and sets two plates on the marble countertop. Then, he takes a seat next to me, pulls one of the plates towards him, and moves one to where I am sitting.

   Tarantino looks between us both with an offended look. "Where the hell is my plate?" He whined.

   I chuckle. Achilles ignores him and starts to eat. Tarantino seems to be the troublesome one and from what I can see, he doesn't seem to be the type to eat a lot. At all, even.

   I move my plate so it's sitting between me and Tarantino. He gives me a cute pout and pulls my cheek. "Girl, aren't you the sweetest person I've met in a long while now? You're offering to share your food with me."

   Before I can give him a reply, Achilles leaves his stool and comes over to where we're both standing. He pushes Tarantino away from me with ease and pulls the nearest stool close to me, plopping on it. Tarantino is standing and watching us both with faux surprise and I can't help but laugh at how cute he looks right now.

   Achilles shifts my plate to him and puts his between us both. "Let's eat together."

   "What the hell?!" Tarantino bursts into laughter, pointing at his elder brother who is trying so hard not to smile. "You just did something as petty as this because of a woman? Bro, what's she feeding you? You're softening up real bad."

   I burst into laughter, nearly choking on my food and Achilles immediately hands me a glass of water as he glares at Tarantino who is still laughing his guts out and pointing at his brother.

   Once I am done drinking, I continue laughing,g, and right there, I feel I and Tarantino would make really good friends. Teasing Achilles seems fun and I so want to be involved.

   "Tell me," I begin, referring to Tarantino. "How was he in the past? I want to know."

   Tarantino immediately slides into a stool and places both of his arms on the counter. Stretching his neck, he begins to tell it all to me. He talks about how hard it was for Achilles to speak to women years ago and how he had been the one to teach him how.

   For most of the part, I am laughing so hard to the extent that I nearly fall off the seat if not for Achilles holding me in place. When I peer at him, he has a drawn look and is extremely focused on eating his— our food. I turn to look at Tarantino who is still talking. I also notice that he hasn't touched a thing on the plate sitting in front of him. I am right all along. That's the reason Achilles refused to get him a plate of food.

   I am halfway done with eating when Achilles suddenly stands up. Tarantino stops talking and we both watch him leave the kitchen.

   As soon as he's gone, I turn to Tarantino with an eyebrow raise. "Why did he suddenly leave?"

   "Probably to get something upstairs." Tarantino shrugs and picks up a piece of carrot, throwing it into his mouth and munching. "Do you think he's upset or something?"

   I nod.

   Tarantino waves it off as unimportant. "Don't worry. That's how he is. He rarely gets upset with me."

   I nod and soon, Achilles is back downstairs, fully dressed and with my belongings. I am surprised because he said we were going to spend the whole day together and I am not even done eating.

   "Change of plans?" I ask.

   Achilles nods and hands over my dress to me. I take it from his hands. "Want me to change my dress in front of Tarantino?"

   "That would be nice— ow, man! Why the fuck did you throw that at me?" Tarantino yells, rubbing at the side of his head.

   Achilles pulls me out of my seat and leads me out of his kitchen. He takes me to the base of the steps and begins to unbutton my shirt. I watch him do this silently.

   "Are you upset?" I ask.

   "Nope."

   "Okay."

   I wave Tarantino goodbye as soon as I am dressed and he tells me how much he'll love to have me around and says we're the perfect combo to upsetting his elder brother which I laugh at. I follow Achilles out and he drives out of the garage with his car. I hop in and we drive away towards my apartment.

   Soon, he's driving into the parking lot and turning off his engine. When he does that, he turns to look at me.

   "Kal called. So, I have to be at the office. I'm sorry. I'd have loved for you to stay throughout the whole day." He says to me and I feel a bit relieved.

   "Thought you were this way because of Tarantin," I mutter underneath my breath and this makes Achilles laugh real hard.

   "What the hell? No. Tarantino is my stupid brother who can be absolutely annoying but he's not the reason I am upset, sweetie."

   When he calls me that, I close my eyes and relish it. I overthink everything and I need to take a break. Achilles leans over and kisses me directly on the lip. "Bye, love. I'll give you a call later, okay?"

   I nod, smiling and feeling really content. Achilles opens up the door and I step out, waving at him as he backs out of the parking lot.

   Smiling, I walk past the lobby, greeting the security guard cheerfully. I walk to the elevator and tap on the button leading to the third floor and in less than two minutes, I am on the floor of our apartment. Take a few steps and I am standing in front of our door. I take out my keys from my handbag and begin to unlock the door.

   "Taleela?!" I call out.

   There's no answer so I walk towards her room. Her laptop is sitting on the couch, running so I know that she's home. I knock on her door and push it open without waiting for her to tell me to come in.

   Taleela is sitting on her bed as she types away at her phone, grinning.

   It's a thing of a great surprise because I don't remember seeing Taleela this way. I don't think I have ever seen her this way and when I jump onto her, she yelps, causing me to laugh.

   "When did you get into my room?"

   I shrug. Then, I  try to snatch her phone from her hand to see who's making her grin like a high school girl. But she's fast enough and swiftly moves away from me. She's standing in front of her dresser, her phone held tightly to her chest.

   Ready to uncover whatever secret she's keeping from me, I fling my purse on her bed and walk towards her, grinning evilly. "I want to see, please."

   Taleela shakes her head. Her back is pressed against the numerous drawers. "I can't let you see."

   "Why?" I ask, stopping a few steps away from her and calculating how to snatch her phone from her hands with ease. Distracting her with a few questions will definitely do the work.

   "I don't know. We're friends and you should tell me what dude is making you smile. You never tell me what's going on with your love life. Makes me feel like we're not close enough." I pout my lips, looking offended and hoping she takes that a hint.

   Her gaze immediately softens. Her hand drops and my eyes zoom in on her phone hanging freely in between her fingers. I make a dive for it, hitting Taleela as we both fall to the ground. My forehead hits the last drawer which is open and I frown, placing a hand on my forehead and rubbing.

   Before I can begin to whine about how painful the impact is, my eyes hit a pair of cuffs. Eyes widening, I stretch out my hand to pull the drawer open. Taleela is too late though because the drawer is already open and I see it all.

   Turning to her with wide eyes, I scream. "I had no idea you had a thing for BDSM. Tell me about it, girl!"