Chapter 16: The Date (Part 1)

Taleela's POV

   I watch him leave the library through the doors, smiling in accomplishment.  I'm sure he must feel really fulfilled right now. At least he's gone, more space for me to do whatever I want to do.

   I sigh in relief when the doors shut, and as I am about to turn away, I hear Cora laugh fondly behind me and turn to give her an unimpressed look.

   She shrugs, takes a bite out of her burger, and downs it with her cup of peppermint mocha before she speaks. "He looks quite interested in you. And he's also good-looking. What would make you turn such a hottie down?"

   "It's a long story, Cora. I just don't want to have anything to do with him. I have an idea that he is virile and all that, but he should know when to stop. I already told him from the onset that I am not interested in whatever he wants us both to be."

   Cora is smiling as I speak, and I want to pull at my hair and yell. Why does no one want to understand me? Why can't they see beyond Kal's attractiveness? It's crazy, honestly.

   "You both would make a great match, though," Cora pointed out. "The stubbornness and unrelenting desire to get what you want. That hottie there has it. Any other man would have given up. Kal hasn't. I'm sure this has been going on since last week or so."

   "You're right," I admit drily. I turn and go over to the first shelf on the column of shelves lined in the library. The one I am checking out is close to where Cora is seated, so I can hear her talk. "Not about us both making a great match, though. I am not interested in romantic relationships or flings with anyone right now. I want to focus on my education and growth."

   "You can do that, too. You can be in a relationship and excel in your studies. There are chances that you both would end up falling madly in love with each other."

   I mimic Cora in scorn, and she laughs and loudly. "You're so stubborn, young woman."

   I shrug and draw out The Firm, one of Grisham's books. I am surprised to find it in that section, and when I turn to raise the book for Cora to see, she shrugs like she has given up.

   "I have no idea how that got there. These kids are very disorganized. That's why I refer most of them to the digital library. Helen can take care of them with ease."

   "Well, I would love to read it," I laugh, feeling relieved that I do not have to walk through these long shelves to find the section containing this book. At times it gets tiring. "I already had this book in mind. Remember I talked about reading it on Tuesday last week?"

   Cora nods. "Yes, dear. You did."

   "See you later, Cora. I want to get lost in this book." I wave at her before going deeper into the library to sit at a secluded corner.

_

Tuesday afternoon, my room is a whole mess, thanks to Susan, who thinks I have to dress like a sophisticated bitch, since I will be going out on a date with a suave billionaire CEO. It takes a whole lot of willpower for me not to snap and tell her that I am as rich as Kal is.

    I am standing directly before her as she is seated on my bed, dressed in just my underwear.

   A ruler is between the tip of her thumb and her index fingers. "This lingerie is quite flashy. You should wear something sensual and toned down at the same time. Something like burgundy. Yes! Burgundy would be really nice on you, damn."

I shut my eyes real tight and took in a deep breath. "This color is fine by me, Susan," I reply calmly.

But she shakes her head immediately.

"Not so much. If I was a guy and I undressed you after a date, my thoughts right after a hot sex session would be,”

Damn, that was great sex. She looks so innocent, and I didn't expect her to be this fire.

My face is crumpled in confusion. Where the hell is my roomie getting her theory from? I take a look at the nude bra and stringed panties I am wearing. I think I really look okay.

She continues. "But, wearing something like that," She points at the burgundy set of lingerie with the end of the ruler in her hand.

"Kal would be blown off. It'll be like giving off the bad girl vibe and not disappointing. He would not ever forget that sex in a minute, trust me."

Feeling quite sad that all her efforts would go to waste with my following words, I place my hand on her shoulders and squeeze it a bit. "Sorry to burst your bubble, baby girl. I don't think we'll have sex. Not tonight, not ever."

I am rewarded with a frown. Susan stands to her feet and walks around me to stand in front of my open and almost empty closet. Her hand lifts and the back of her fingers graze the soft satin material of the burgundy lingerie. Taking the bra cup into her fingers, she rubs on it and sighs, closing her eyes.

"It's really sad that you both won't be having sex tonight, honestly. I was always preparing to hear juicy tales from you tonight or tomorrow morning," Then her hands drop to her sides. "but it's fine. I am not complaining."

"Thank you," I say to Susan. My tone conveys relief. At least, I would have peace of mind and dress the way I want, return home without having it in mind that I would be giving a detailed narration and exposition on how I had sex with Kal.

Something that'll never happen.

"But, if you both end up fucking, I would be more than delighted to be filled in on every steamy detail."

I groan. "You will not be filled in on anything because I won't be having sex with him."

Susan pouts, and I ignore her, going ahead to take out the outfit I picked up for this evening.

   It's a nude body con dress, picked out to suit my underwear, and as soon as Susan makes her calculation, I hear a gasp of awe behind me.

"Oh my gosh!" She exclaims and detaches herself from my bed. "You just had to! So, you put on that underwear for a reason. How do you know what to wear so perfectly?"

   She's stroking my ego, and it is getting to me. I shrug with nonchalance; like this is just one of the common things I do.

I slip it on, and it eases against my skin like water dripping off the glass. I shift the dress to the side so that the slit is aligned on the side of my left thigh.

The transparent strap gums to the skin on my shoulders and becomes one with my skin. It's sleek satin with a slight ruffle on the side of my hip, and when I turn around to face the mirror, I am met with a woman, beautiful and hotter than the sun, as usual. I catwalk to the mirror and turn around to show off my generous butt.

"You look so beautiful, girl," Susan cries. "Kal would definitely trip on himself. Don't tell me you're not going to have sex with him tonight because I can see hot sex coming your way!" She proclaims at the top of my voice.

"You only dream, my love," I say to her and go over to my shoe rack. I should wear a pair of nude heels tonight. Yeah, I should. So, I pick up the pair of heels I find on the first row of my shoe rack.

"I'll help you put it on, don't worry," Susan says before I can even open my mouth to ask. "You don't have to stress your dress."

I laugh out loud. "So, it's my dress and not me? Wow."

"Of course. I see you all the time," Susan says and slips the longer strap into the tiny silver buckle attached to the smaller strap. "I don't get to see a dress as beautiful as this all the time."

I feign sadness, and when she's done with my shoes, she straightens and smiles at me. "You look beautiful as always, Bae. Kal would be surprised all over again."

I shrug and smile.

"When did he say his chauffeur would be coming to pick you up?" Susan asks, going over to the window to check if any car is waiting downstairs. She returns to stand by me.

"Seven-thirty, I think. It's just six forty-five." I say to her in reply.

We spend our time waiting and talking about guys I've had a fling with in the past, who are hotter, more affluent, and sexier. Susan is surprised by how many men I've had a fling with. Very minimal in her books.

Suddenly, we hear a honk downstairs, and a message beeps on my phone. It's from Kal.

The driver's downstairs and waiting.

Susan hurries along with me to the hallway, and once we get to the door, Susan stops me and wraps her arms around me.

"Have fun without me tonight."

"No," I say to her and open the door.

"Killjoy!" She shouts after me as I hurry down the steps.