Chapter 39: It's About Time!

Taleela's POV

As soon as the car drives into the gate, my phone vibrates on my lap. Picking it up, I see that the caller is Kal.

   I shut my eyes and sigh, not knowing if I should pick up the call or not. But I end up picking up the call anyway. There's nothing to be scared of.

   "Where the hell are you?" Kal growls.

   I frown at the tone he's using on me. He has never spoken to me in this manner and I will definitely not take this from him. What makes him think he has the guts to speak to me in this manner? The sex we're having?

   I scoff, watching as my driver swerves into a space reserved for just one car. "Excuse you?"

   "What? I sent my chauffeur to get you almost two hours ago and you haven't gone down to meet him. And don't tell me you're somewhere else."

   "And if I am?" I fire. "And if I am somewhere else, what are you going to do, huh?"

   Like he senses that I want drama, he ignores my question. "Are you still coming or do I tell my driver to leave?"

   "Tell him to leave, please. I do not need him." I tell him nonchalantly. My driver already handed our keys to the Valet parking service and I watch him come over to my door, yanking it open. I slip my hand into his and step down. The whole area is filled with lights— exotic lights streaming the whole area and causing sequined dresses to shimmering. By merely looking at the exterior decorations, I can tell that these people outdid themselves this year.

   Forgetting that Kal is on the phone still placed on my ear, I gasp a little when he speaks, smiling at a guest who sees my expression.

   "Where are you?" He says, sounding calmer than before. I do not blame him. He should have continued speaking to me like some piece of crap he can do anything with.

   "I don't really have the time and strength to begin answering your queries."

   "Hell, don't tell me you went somewhere else? Why does that sound like…" His voice fades off before streaming back into my ears. "You came? Because I can hear the same music being played here in the background."

   I chortle, walking towards the entrance of the building. Kal sounds mad, relieved, and happy at the same time. In no time, I am standing before him with a smile on my face.

   Damn.

   He looks so hot. Like he is walking out of a magazine. Dressed in a two-piece suit that hugs every muscle in his body, his virile masculinity is easy to the eye and I catch a lot of women looking his way.

   In my quest to snag my property, I lean up to kiss him.

   "Damn, you have lipstick on," He says. "I'm sure I've got some smeared on my lips."

   Patting his chest, I give him a sexy gaze, biting one side of my lip and causing him to groan. "I would have loved you walking around with my lipstick smeared on your lip. At least, this would give these hungry women a hint that you're in someone else's possession. But unfortunately, that's a matt liquid lipstick and won't smudge or stain you."

   We both walk into the hall filled with crystal strobe lights.

   "Why did you allow me to stress my driver? You could have just said you already had a car prepped."

   I shrug, hoping he doesn't ask me how I was able to get the money to hire a driver with such an expensive car— a Lincoln continental that belongs to me.

   "I'm sorry. Can we forget about drivers and time-wasting? We're already here and the deed has been done."

   Kal nods. "Sure."