Chapter 34: Homecoming

Taleela's POV

I feel bad about lying to Susan about not knowing anything concerning the gala. It makes me feel horrible. But all the same, she'll be knowing soon.

The Gala is fast approaching and I am honestly nervous. I have always attended the Gala every year with a mask on to hide my identity.

A few times, photos of my outfit had been talked about in newspapers, asking who the mysterious lady who always covered up her face was. It was about time I showed the whole fashion world my identity.

And that is the main reason for my nervousness. Nobody knows who I am and I have no idea how the news will be taken. Susan will feel really betrayed and I hope she doesn't hate me for living under the same roof with her and feeding her with lies.

Kal is another problem I am honestly not ready to face, but since he's the main reason why I am revealing my identity, then so be it. I want him to know that I can do anything I want with my company.

Over the weeks, I and Kal have had constant sex; him coming over to my place and spending the night while we embark on a marathon of wild sex. Susan is never always around but there was one time she was asleep.

We just had simple sex because we didn't want to wake her up with whipping sounds. It was enjoyable, still. I and Kal were having fun. Sometimes, he takes me home, to his penthouse and that was where we have the wildest of sex.

We had sex everywhere and he also got a BDSM equipment case from one of the sex stores in town. We fulfill every one of our sexual fantasies, pushing each other to the edge as we painfully enjoy ourselves.

Kal is the perfect man for this and I plan on keeping him for the sole purpose of this. It is hard to come by men who practice sadomasochism with so much enthusiasm as Kal.

"Hello, ma'am?"

I sit up, pulling myself out of my reverie. I am standing in line, waiting for my turn to get my boarding pass approved at the security pass. These men take a lot of time having to make reassessments and whatnots.

When it gets to my turn, I hand over my boarding pass. It is scanned along with my purse.

Finally, I am passing through the metal detector, after placing everything containing metal on the tray a man is holding out to us.

Remembering how I had lied to Susan about going to see my parents, I feel a pang of betrayal. She has no idea that I am an orphan. In fact, she knows nothing about me in detail.

Funny enough, I know everything about her down to her elder sister trying to abort her baby because she doesn't want any more children. I am such a bad friend.

The informational monitors display my boarding gates as G13 and I walk straight to the gate, standing along with others as we wait for the bus to take us to where we were going to be taking our flight.

Soon, I am settled in the airplane, on my way to Italy. It's a one-hour thirty-six minutes flight. I watch high-rise buildings become smaller as the plane ascends to a very high altitude.

Susan calls when I am in the car that would be taking me to my penthouse in Milan and when she asks to speak to my parents, I tell her that they just left to have dinner and would be back late at night.

It feels so good to be back here. My home is sparkling clean as I had employed a cleaning service to thoroughly clean my apartment. I didn't care if they saw the red room. They were discreet enough to keep it secret and I sure could sue them if anything happened. If there was any breach of privacy.

It's late at night and when Nikolai's call comes in, I tell him I have arrived. He is so happy and asks if he can come over to see me but I reply with a no, expanding on how I need thorough rest.

Reluctantly, he agrees and we end the call. I have ordered food and when the doorbell rings to announce the delivery person's arrival, my mouth begins to water. I can't remember the last time I had Italian take out. Back in Greece, I had never really had the time to source for Italian restaurants, because I got really busy with school and my job that I barely had time to myself.

Thanking the delivery guy who doesn't fail to give me a desirous glance over, I shut my door in his face, walking back into my spacious and dark living room.

Turning on the lights, the whole room is filled with dull yellow light. It gives me a sense of nostalgia as I remember returning home from the office, making myself look like a customer in my own company while I spent time with Nikolai. Most times, I worked from home, sending out instructions for Nikolai to dish out to my employees.

But now, very soon and in less than a week, the whole of Italy would finally see the infamous Jemmah St James of BSL, commonly known as Taleela Makaveli by people who have no idea of my identity.

I smile as I transfer the full plate of gnocchi with diced meat into a deep bowl. Sitting on the counter, I savor the long-eaten meal with a glass of apple cider to wash down my food.

Tonight has to be the best night in a while. I am back in Italy, my homeland. It feels so good and I can't wait to go out there, look around the streets and have fun with Nikolai and a few of my friends.

Thinking about the Elite Gala, my heart lurches. Scenarios of things that are likely to happen to keep playing in my head and I decide to calm down and let the universe do what it's best at doing.

Karanos calls later at night.

"Hey, babe. What's up with you? Arrived already?"

I wince at the endearing name he has just called me. I am not used to him calling me that but I guess I'll have to get used to it since we'll be doing this for quite a while. I indulge him.

"Yeah. I arrived already," I say, turning off my lamp and climbing into my comfy bed. I close my eyes and moan at how soft my bed is. It's been almost a year since I had been here and I nearly forgot that my bed could be really soft and cozy. "I am really stressed. Tiredness has set in and I can't sleep but I am really tired. I've been quite busy for the past few days."

Kal chuckles. "I understand. Don't worry, very soon, your circadian rhythm will rhyme with the Italian time."

"Sure. It's just less than two hours' difference, I don't know why it's this way" I pull a pillow to my side. "So, what did you do today?"

"Just got to the office, attended some meetings while preparing a few of my staff for the Gala. I left early to meet my parents. They're going over to Italy. They're one of the sponsors so it's definite that they should attend."

Remembering that Kal's father is still the CEO, I nod. I had totally forgotten that Kal's still the Vice President.

I honestly don't look forward to meeting them but I lie, anyway. "I look forward to meeting your parents, Kal."

"Yeah, that's great. Maybe at the gala, I can introduce you to them as my future girlfriend."

I cough, remembering that I told him I was in Italy to see my parents like I had lied to Susan. "Uhm, I don't think I'll be attending the Gala. I told you."

But Kal flips me the bird. "You can't possibly not attend. You're going to be with me, okay?"

"But Kal..." I protest. I am playing this game correctly and he's swallowing the hook, line, and sinker. I feel bad for doing this but I have to show him that he doesn't talk about my company in that manner.

"Bells, I said what I said. I'll be touching down in Italy in a few days. Due to the fact that I'm really busy setting stuff up, I'll not be available. But trust me to come to pick you up at your place. Maybe you'd get to introduce me to your parents as your potential Greek boyfriend who cuffs you when no one is around."

I feel him wink. Laughing, I think about how shocked and mad he would be when he finds out that I have no parents. I don't want him to know about it so I must avoid him coming over here at all costs.

"Or better still, send a chauffeur to come to get me. I'd love to give you a pleasant surprise, Karanos. You'd love it, trust me."