Chapter 66: Love Exist

Taleela's POV

There's a party tonight, and Karanos has forced me to come to Greece. Anyway, it's not something I'd be stubborn about because I want to be there while he celebrates his partnership with us.

That's what his father wants, and Karanos has to do it for him. The man is sick and needs some requests to be granted.

Susan already called hours ago to tell me the dress code. It was annoying because I had already prepared a dress to wear tonight, and Susan was calling to tell me that Linda had already picked a dress code for the party.

Well, it's no problem because I have already ordered a new dress that'll be delivered in hours at Susan's apartment. I'll be going to the airport with nothing but my purse and a few clothes to stay in over the weekend.

I miss Karanos. It's just been a week, but it feels like years.

On the morning after the night I had gotten drunk, Tobias pulled out from the deal, and I asked Nikolai to put assigning the contract to anyone on hold because I already had Karanos in mind.

His father was sick, and the one thing that would make him happy was good news—especially one from BSL. And I also wanted the older man to drop the court case so I could breathe fresh air.

I asked Nikolai to call Karanos' secretary and inform her of the news, and when it got to him, he immediately called me and thanked me profusely. He told me how his father had been thrilled and had given them his blessings. Meaning they could be in a relationship without him giving them problems.

Though I don't care if Kal's father was in support or not, I am happy that he gave us his consent. At least, the stress would be reduced by a notch.

My driver is waiting for me downstairs when I get there, and I immediately enter the car before he zooms off to the airport.

The flight to Greece was straightforward, and I was surprised when we got to the international airport.

Susan and Achilles are waiting for me, and immediately Susan sees me; she jumps into my arms, telling me how much she has missed me and how things have changed. I'm so happy to be with them. Achilles gives me a polite smile, but I wave it off by hugging him.

The driver back to Achilles' mansion is fun-filled. Susan fills me in on what has been happening in my absence and how many students suddenly want to become her friend because she works at BSL and is also a friend to the CEO.

When we get home, Achilles announces that we wouldn't be having dinner since we have a party filled with food to attend. He walks to his room, and Susan uses that opportunity to sneak in some food for us to eat while we get prepared in the guest room.

"Why would anyone make pastel pink the dress code for ladies? Are we at a baby shower or a wedding?!" I ask Susan. I am exasperated, but I don't fail to throw the potato chip left in the nylon into my mouth.

Susan gently lays her gown on the bed. It's a mini gown with tiny strings for hands: chiffon and classic. I rarely see these types of dresses in chiffon materials. "Linda already begged Luis that she had this dress she made. She wants to wear it, and it's pastel pink,"

"Then why can't she wear it without it having to affect us?!" I exclaim.

"Linda seems to have chronic OCD. It's nothing else but that," We both laugh. When we hear the shuffling of boots in the hallway, we throw the bag of chips behind the dresser.

We're both done with our makeup. We took turns in helping each other. I don't trust anyone to do my makeup but Susan. She's so good at it.

My dress is a plaid gown. It looks like a mini ball gown, and it's armless with small bra cups to hold my breasts in place. It's a beautiful dress, but I wouldn't say I like it. I'm not too fond of bright colors, and I groan when I stand in front of the mirror to check myself out.

"I hate this dress,"

"But it looks lovely on you!"

I roll my eyes and slip my feet into my silver pumps. Susan is already fully dressed, and she swings her purse over her shoulders before twirling around in front of the mirror.

Achilles knocks on the door that leads to the room we're in, and we both hurry to the door, opening it and stunning him with bright colors.

He moves his head back and chuckles. "You both look beautiful. But what's Linda up to?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I hope we all don't look like clowns tonight. I wish I were a man right now,"

Achilles is dressed in a tuxedo. Susan is drooling, and as we walk toward the car, she wraps her arm around him and inhales. Shaking my head, I enter the car while I wait for the lovers to do their thing.

The party is in full swing when we arrive. Karanos rented an event center to celebrate this, and I shake my head, wondering why he's stressing himself over something so minor.

When I see him, a smile forms on my face. He's smiling, too, and he gives me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. "You look stunning as always, honey. But what's this pink all of you wearing tonight? I'll nearly go blind if care isn't taken,"

"Well, go hold Linda ransom. She is the cause of all the brightness." I say to him as we walk into the hall. Linda waves at me, and I wave back. Karanos' mother walks up to me and hugs me before kissing my cheek.

"You look beautiful tonight, Jemmah,"

"And so do you, Ma'am,"

"Let's dance?" Karanos asks as soon as we're both left alone.

I look around the hall, watching as people chatter over drinks and how BSL and Niko Corps employees are getting to know each other. Before we dance, someone raises a toast to the BSL and Niko Corps partnership. Then the party returns in full swing.

Karanos leads me to the dance floor. I smile as he delicately takes my hands in his and twirls me around before wrapping one around my waist.

Slow music begins to play, and people join us on the dance floor.

"Jemmah," Karanos says while we dance.

The blend of his voice and the music background is beautiful, and I stare into his eyes, soaking in his warmth. "I want to tell you I'm happy we're finally together. I was so scared when you walked on me at the beach house, and I thought I had lost you forever. But that day you called to tell me what happened, I swore that I would never leave you, and that's what I'm going to be doing right now. Not only will our companies thrive, but so will our relationships. I love you forever, Jemmah St James."

I think I'm going to cry when he says this because, no matter how essential these words are in the ears of others, it isn't to me. My eyes glisten. "I love you, Karanos. You'll always be in my heart,"

As we both lean in to kiss each other, we hear cheering behind us, and someone is screaming.

We both stop dancing and turn to see Achilles on his knee and Susan's hand stretched out to take a ring from his hand. God, this sight is so beautiful, and I want to cry.

I lean into Karanos, and he wraps his arm around me as we watch the beautiful sight before us; people cheering and clapping, camera flashes going off, videos being made, kisses being exchanged, and happiness saturating the room.

Love is beautiful, and we all find love at one point in our lives.