Chapter 55: A proper Date

Taleela's POV

Karanos looks so handsome this evening, and I am sure I'll be warding off women for the whole night.

   His dark hair is slicked back and shiny, and as he leads me to his car, his other hand rests on the small of my back as he guides me.

   "Wait, I'll open the car," he says, and I stand to the side, waiting as he opens his car door. Retaking my hand, he leads me into his car before closing it and going over to the driver's door to slide into the car.

   He swerves out of the parking lot into the street, and as he drives, I can't help but wonder why he's the one driving and not his chauffeur.

   Before I know it, I'm asking him. "Karanos, why are you the one driving?"

   We both burst into laughter at the same time, sharing the humor of the whole situation.

   While still laughing, Karanos gives me a reply. "I want to recreate the oldies type of date. Employing a driver seems too extravagant, and again, we'd be able to spend time with each other without bothering about some driver who might be eavesdropping."

   I understand what he's saying, but I have to add another advantage to the situation. "Even if I find ordinary sex boring and just straightforward, I'd like us to fuck in here."

   To that, Karanos' eyes light up, and he nearly hits a car because he's quite distracted. I let out a scream and slapped his hand, that's tightly wrapped around the steering wheel.

   "Drive carefully, man!"

   "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Karanos says amidst the whole chaos.

   Honestly, I am having the time of my life. It's fun actually driving with him, and even if I'd have preferred a driver, Karanos being the one to drive makes it all real and romantic. Heartfelt.

   "So sex in a car, huh?" Karanos asks again once he drives into a quiet street.

   I nod. "Of course, I want to try it with you."

   Karanos raises his brows. "Does that mean you've tried it with other guys?"

   I turn to give him a look. There's jealousy written all over his face, and I find it cute. Pulling his cheek, I bask in the fact that he's pretty jealous. That means he cares enough. "Quit being jealous. I'm sure you've had a lot of sexual adventures in the past in this same setting."

   "I know," Karanos replies. "And that's the annoying thing. I just wish all those women I banged in the past were you."

   "Rude." I correct his wrong choice of words.

   "Okay, women I had sex with in the past."

   "Good boy," I say, patting his cheeks. "Now, we don't have to be jealous about it, do we?"

   Reluctantly, Karanos nods. "Right."

   There's silence as Karanos continues driving into the avenue. It's lined with lights and trees with neon lights flanking the road.

   "You're not going to tell me where you're taking me, Karanos?"

   Karanos shrugs. "We're almost there, mama. Calm down and enjoy the suspense."

   "I'm not someone who enjoys suspense, Kal. But for you, I will."

   Finally, Karanos swerves into another turn, and this time, he drives into an open gate. I sit up, craning my neck to see what's before me. I gasp, taking in the beauty of the whole area.

   This is a dinner date arena, and tables decorated with satin off-white wraps are scattered about. A candle sits on the table for two, and a few sticks of roses are arranged in a transparent water vase. Two tall champagne glasses sit on the table, and a fountain with water cascading down a sculpture of Aphrodite illuminated with cream-colored lights is situated in the middle of the arena. A few couples are seated with their romantic partners while they eat, talk and drink happily. This place seems to be filled with happiness, and I can feel it.

   One of the valet parking services guides our car to an empty spot where Karanos parks and kills his engine. Once he extracts his car keys from the ignition module, I sit back and wait for him to open my car door. He stretches out a hand and takes mine in his as he guides me out.

   My heeled feet are finally out of the car, and he leans forward, flushing against me as he shuts the car door and locks it.

   Staring into my eyes, he gives me one of his most beautiful smiles. "You look breathtaking, fuck. I swear I don't think I'll concentrate with you sitting before me."

   "We can both practice concentration games while enjoying our dinner, Karanos. You can have me later."

   Karanos throws back his head and sighs before reluctantly agreeing. He slips my arms into his crooked ones, and we walk to the arena.

   Before we get to the mouth of the pool, one of the waiters walks up to us.

   A young indie lady, pretty with very long hair, welcomes us warmly with a smile and introduces herself to us as Aisha. I immediately take a liking to her. She's so professional and accommodating at the same time.

   "I hope you love the scene?" She asks as she leads us to the wooden steps attached to the raised building that accommodate other tables.

   "Yes, thanks," I reply to her. "As soon as we drove in, I immediately fell in love with the serene environment. Why haven't I discovered this place before?"

   Aisha smiles. "Finding this place is like finding a precious stone. Not everyone has access to it." She explains.

   Karanos and I are wowed. She speaks with so much wisdom and calmness.

   We follow her up the stairs, and she guides us through a narrow corridor with a wooden deck before we enter another arena.

   I raise a brow in surprise. Karanos doesn't seem a bit fazed. Well, he was the one who found this place, so I'm not surprised.

   Karanos reserved a lone spot for us. No one is here, and there's just one table with a small blue pool and a wooden barricade overlooking the gardens stringed with neon lights down below.

   Aisha gestures for us to take our seats, and when we do, she comes to stand before us.

   "This is one of the most expensive tables. I'm sure your girlfriend must be special to you."

   Karanos nods in affirmation. "Yes, she is. She's so special to me."

   Aisha smiles and hands us a menu card which we go through. She leaves to give us some space to decide what we will have.

   We both pick our meals, and when she returns with an ice bucket containing Select Aperitivo for an aperitif, we read out our order to her, which she marks successfully on her clipboard after placing our drink on the table.

   "Would you like me to open the drink for you?"

   Karanos objects politely. "No, thanks. I think I'll take it from here. You do what you're good at."

   When she leaves, Karanos opens the bottle of wine with a pop. A tiny wisp of vapor escapes the neck of the bottle.

   Aisha returns with two other waitpersons that bear two trays in their arms.

   In the process of the waitpersons placing their four-course meal on the table, Karanos' phone rings. He immediately picks it up and leans to the side to pick up the call.

   I watch him silently, hoping Nikolai has done what I asked him to do. When his eyes light up, I smile secretly and return to my drink.

   Karanos doesn't say anything to me as we are eating, but I can see a smile on his face, and his eyes are bright. We talked for a bit while eating.

   I am filled in no time, even if I want to continue eating. This restaurant serves the best meals ever. I just hope they have a delivery service that delivers food to customers because I see myself safe making daily orders in the future.

   I dab at my lips with the silk napkins placed before me before gulping down the rest of my wine.

   "I enjoyed my meal," I say and lean back as I rub my stomach. I wouldn't do this on an average dinner date with someone else, but I think I could do this because we had fun when we were driving here, and the wine also helped with loosening my tongue.

   Karanos nods. "I did too. I love this place,"

   "I do too. I'll ask Aisha if they have a delivery service so I can order food whenever I want to."

   Karanos bursts into laughter. "What?!"

   I shrug. "I'm serious. I don't think I'll sleep fine without knowing this. And if they don't have a delivery service, I'd be completely broken."

   "You're a clown, Jemmah," Kal says, still laughing.

   Aisha returns, and true to my words, I ask her if they have a delivery service. Karanos is laughing, and when Aisha tells me there is, I stick out my tongue at Karanos playfully before requesting their details which Aisha provides happily.

   Once she's gone, slow music begins to play in the background. Kal moves his chair back and comes to where I am seated. He pulls my seat back, and when I stand to my feet, he takes my hand and wraps another hand around my waist.

   And as we dance slowly to the music playing in the background, he whispers in my ear.

   "I see what you did, Jemmah. Thank you."