Chapter 18: Date went wrong

Kal's POV

When Bells steps into the arena, we are meant to have dinner; I already feel her presence even if I am backing her and looking out to the vast beach before me as the sun sets over the horizon.

She greets me with her subtle lavender fragrance and the clink of her heels against the stone floor, and when I turn, I am blown away by how beautiful she looks in her dress. It hugs her curves and is starting to drive me mad. Bells have a way of making me feel like we are meeting for the first time over and over again.

Noticing the look of subtle surprise on her face,  I know that she is feeling the same way I am feeling.

"You look breathtaking as hell, Bells." I compliment, meaning it. She took my breath away the moment I set eyes on her, and I just have to admit it out loud.

Nodding, she sets her purse on the fancy table we were going to have our meal before taking her seat.

"Nice choice of restaurant."

I hear what she says, and I have an idea that she mutters it under her breath, so I will not hear what she has to say.  But I reply anyway.

"Yeah, I know." I say.  "This place is really nice, and I have visited it quite a few times. Great food and reception."

   She agrees with a nod. "Yeah, this place looks nice and serene."

   We both pick up the menu cards in front of us, and Bells begins to leaf through the sleek pages of the card.

   I already placed an order twenty minutes ago, and that is because I want our meal to be served real quick. This would give us time to stand on the concrete raised walls and watch the sparkling water at night. I know she would be pissed at me for making that move, but I do not necessarily care. Our aperitif would probably be on the way to us while they continue preparing the main course and dessert.

     "There's no need for that. I just want you to check out their meals and see if you like them. I already placed an order for a meal we would both enjoy."

   I do not miss the frown of annoyance that coats her beautiful face. I am not surprised. She is a stubborn woman. I should apologize for ordering our meal beforehand but seeing her this way makes me want to bend her over this table and fuck her till she can't walk properly. Show her that I can be stubborn too.

   Her firm voice brings me out of my fantasy.

      "Well, I want to decide for myself. I fancy this Italian seafood a lot, and I would like to have it." She's staring at me sternly with her manicured fingers gripping at the sides of the menu card tightly.

   I want to tell her that she might not be able to afford most of what she would like on the menu card; I mean, she's a student and probably doesn't make enough from stripping every night.

   "You—"

   She doesn't let me complete my statement, for which I am thankful. I would have been sitting at this table alone with a fuming woman stalking away from me.

   "Yes, this would be the perfect meal." She smiles and taps on the menu card with her index fingers. She twists in her seat, searching for the waiter, and when she sees no one around, she turns to look at me with a sarcastic smile on her face.

   "When will the waiter be here?" She asks. "I need to make another choice."

   I lean back on my seat and spread my legs wide. "I have no idea. Maybe wait till they're here? Or just go with what I ordered."

   She totally ignores me and throws her phone into her bag before zipping it up. When her hazel eyes return to rest on me, she's quite surprised that I am looking at her. Where else does she want me to be looking at?

   I see that she's pretty pissed and not ready to talk, so I decide to do the honors and hope that she fires off from there. She looks like she would have a good conversational skills. Feisty and willing to argue any point to prove her point.

   "So, what do you think about this place? I know you already made a comment, but I mean, how's the scenery?"

   One perfectly arched brow shoots up, and I can see the ghost of a smile on Bell's face. She chuckles and smacks her lips, and I swear, that has to be the sexiest thing I have seen in my whole life.

   Then, she looks over my head, out to the open space. "The sunset here would be very beautiful and a great sight to watch, I am sure," Then she pushes back her chair a bit and stands to her feet.

   My eyes travel to her legs.

   Legs for days…

   They are a perfect set, toned and smooth. She walks to the short fence and spreads out her toned arms over it, looking out to the vastness of the ocean-facing her.

   I turn in my seat and take my time to study her figure. She is indeed a woman of great beauty. Her perfectly rounded butt and wide hips complement her slender torso perfectly, and she reminds me of a stallion. A stallion I would love to ride me.

   My groin tightens, and I immediately choose to stand up and loosen myself. Free me from thoughts of a certain woman watching the ocean and looking like she belongs with nature.

   I join her in watching the twilight cloud, the once colorful ocean. The moon is already starting to reflect on the water.

   "Have you ever swam in the ocean?" She asks and turns to me. There is a light in her eyes filled with fascination.

   No, but I would love to swim in yours if you don't mind.

   I do not say this to her, though. I am trying to take all these real slow. She's not like other women.

   "Yes, I have," That question brings back old memories. I remember swimming in the ocean with my father. I was still a young kid then. My father made sure to teach me how to swim in case he wasn't around and anything happened. "My father. He made sure to teach me a lot of basic things."

   Bells is smiling. "Where's he now?"

   "Alive," I say. "Probably out at the golf club with his friends or on a dinner date with my mother and their friends."

   "That's nice," She replies, her voice light. I can see that she's loosening up. "You must have a really happy family from how you sound."

   I nod, agreeing with what she said. "Yes, I do. My parents are very important to me. Every member of my family. How about your parents?"

   There's silence. The air is tense, then she looks away and blinks. When she turns back to me, she has a fake smile on her face. "I lost them when I was really young."

   I immediately regretted why I asked her that question. "Damn, I am really sorry about that. Must've been hard on you."

   She swiftly changes topics. "What are you working towards achieving right now?"

   I take the reins. Stroking my chin, I think about what I really want to achieve right now.

   Oh, I remember now.

   "I don't know if you've heard about BSL." I begin.

   "Beautiful, Savage Line?" She replies. "Yes, I have. "

   "So, I've been trying to seal this deal with them, and it always comes back negative."

   "That's sad."

   Bells have an unfamiliar look on her face. Like, she is highly interested in knowing what I have to say about BSL. I must be one of those ladies who has a crazy obsession with clothing lines.

   But I continue, anyway. "I don't know why they haven't agreed to close the deal with our company. I wonder what the anonymous CEO feels like right now. I can buy every share in that company, but I chose to come in a nicer way,"

Now, I am getting angry and venting to Bells, who is listening to me silently.  "Who do they feel they are to keep my contract on hold? Elon Musk? Comical. I just think they need a bad review from my company to lose so many customers. And also, the owner should shove a stick up her asshole. Anonymous bitch who doesn't know when a big deal is coming her way."

   When I turn to look at Bells, she's no longer beside me. She's at the table, picking up her purse and grabbing it off the table with force. The waiter, who has already arrived and is setting food on the table, stands by the side and lets her take her things.

   "Bells!" I call out and begin to stride quickly towards her. "What's wrong? Why are you suddenly leaving? Did I say something wrong?"

   But she gives me a stern look and then scoffs before yanking her bag from my grip. "You do not know when to stop, do you?"

   I am utterly confused. What just happened? "I don't understand what you mean."

   Shaking her head, she fires. "You never will!"

   I watch her walk out of the arena, and the waiter gives me a sorry look.