Chapter 46: A Marriage Proposal

Kal's POV

"You can't tell me that you had an affair with that lady!" My father spat out as he paced about the living room.

Sighing, I rub my forehead. "Father, I told you this last night. I thought you were aware?"

My father stops walking at stares at me full on. He's extremely furious that I hadn't used the opportunity to take advantage of Jemmah. It doesn't always work that way. Knowing my father, I know he would have grabbed onto that opportunity if he had been aware.

It's different for me. Last night, the news shocked me to the marrow. I was hurt that she had been lying to me the whole time even after the time we spent together.

I guess I don't matter that much.

Achilles is standing behind one of the couches and my mother seems to be walking around the house and my father follows her movement all the time. Now, she's picking up a candle holder from the middle of the room and somehow, my father has stopped pacing and begins to watch her.

"Cara, if you require my attention, you fucking speak! Stop moving around and distract the hell out of me!"

Achilles and I can't help but burst into laughter. My mother straightens and glares at my father. She's a dramatic one.

"I don't need your attention, okay?" She retorts. "You can continue with your meeting and stop watching me move. You seem to be the one in need of attention. Stop projecting your need for attention on me, okay?"

I know my father isn't going to let this one go. They're going to dive into a full-blown argument. Gesturing to Achilles who is watching both of my parents with amusement, I begin to walk towards the staircase that leads to the study.

Achilles gets the memo and follows me upstairs. Shutting the door behind him, Achilles flops into a leather recliner and heaves a sigh.

"Your parents..." He points towards the door chuckling fondly.

"I'm so used to their useless arguments, knowing how it's going to end with an intense make-out session," I gag in utter disgust.

Achilles bursts into laughter. "Acting like you don't do worse."

I shrug, taking a seat and playing with a pen I picked from the holder. "At least, they don't see me when I do my shit."

Achilles nods. "Let's get to work."

"How do we get Bells to sign this contract?" I wonder and before Achilles can correct me, I raise my hand, nodding. "I know, I know. I'm just really used to Bells that I forget all the time."

"Shit still has me surprised," Achilles muses. "Fuck, she did all these under your nose and you didn't realize?"

I shrug. "Man, it's not my fault. I had no idea. She never picked calls around me and she seemed to live a really private life. And honestly, I felt betrayed last night."

"She bade everyone goodnight, leaving you out," Achilles pointed out. "Did something happen between you both?"

Rolling my eyes, I raise my feet, placing them on my table. "Hell, yes. I was so mad at her and kind of ended the conversation quickly. She came to meet me on the balcony. Nikolai cut the conversation short so I had to leave. That blond dude infuriates the hell out of me,"

"He does it because he's interested in the CEO of BSL, yeah?"

"Hell, yeah!" I say and fling the pen to the other side of the room. It hits the wooden wall and clatters on the ground. "We really need to be awarded that contract, man."