Chapter 30: A day in my life

Taleela's POV

I receive another call before going to bed. It's Susan.

"I don't think I'd be returning home tonight," She says. "Achilles seems to want me to stay over."

I clear my throat suspiciously and a nervous laugh escapes her throat. "What's it?"

I shrug."I have no idea. You tell me."

"Or you tell me what went down between you and your Mr Hottie." Susan replies. Her tone is laced with amusement and curiosity.

"You should go back to Achilles before he begins to worry." I say, typically shooing my friend away.

"I'm in his room, actually and he's asleep. In his bathroom to be precise. I had to take a pee."

I exclaim, finding it hard to believe that they had gotten so close really fast. "Christ! So you guys had sex?" I am so curious, forgetting how I had refused to tell Susan about my sex-capade with Kal. She would be so shocked if I dared to tell her.

"We just stared at each other the whole time." Susan replies and my eyes widen.

"You better get your ass home so you can give me deets." I say, going over to shut the doors and windows. I had initially left it open, thinking Susan would be returning home.

"Force it out of my mouth if you will." Susan dares. There is a shuffling in the background and a few seconds later, she speaks up. "I have to go now, Taleela."

"Have fun without me." I chirp and hang up.

Once I'm done locking the doors and windows, I turn off the porch and kitchen lights before heading to my room. I have a busy day ahead tomorrow. Classes throughout the whole morning and a meeting with Nikolai immediately after classes. Later at night, I would be at the club, stripping and hopefully, I get to see Kal and have a repeat of what happened last night.

As I lay in my bed, my mind goes back to what happened tonight and I begin to touch myself, feeling my body get to the point of utter ecstasy. I feel myself floating on the clouds and with a scream, I thrash against the bed and relax, heaving after expelling energy.

My phone buzzes on my bedside table and when I pick up my phone to check who it is, it's Kal. He sent a text.

I've been thinking about you all night. Everything we did. The sex was great and I look forward to spending more time and discovering new things about you, wild woman. Sleep tight.

I don't plan on smiling at the text I just saw but somehow, my lips lift up in a smile and I lay back on my bed, grinning from ear to ear.

I sleep to the thoughts of doing nasty things with Karanos and end up dreaming about getting experimental and adventurous with Karanos.

I am awoken by the shrill noise of my alarm. Not bothering to open my eyes, I stretch out a hand, hitting the snooze button and going back to bed.

Ten minutes later, the annoying sound returns and I groan in exasperation before sitting up. I'm sure I look like a tramp right now. A tress of my hair is stuck in my mouth and I pull it out angrily. Leaning over, I hit the alarm button, turning it off. I would have flung the alarm out of the room. But I need it to annoy me this way every day.

I climb out of my bed and go straight to my bathroom, yawning and stretching. My curtains are still drawn and there's no light filtering into my room but I am less bothered and more sleepy.

I shrink back in horror when I see who's standing in front of the mirror. My hair looks like a typical bed nest and my face has lines, bestowed upon me by the wrinkle of my sheets. I'm so glad Kal didn't sleep over. He would have seen me looking this way.

As soon as I am done washing my mouth, I go into the bathroom to have a quick hot shower. I have to be early to class today. In no time I am out of the bathroom and in my room, rummaging about my wardrobe in search of a proper cloth to wear.

The need to wear something comfy sweeps over me. I dump the crop tops for a large tank top and the short skirts for khaki cargos. I do not need to put on underwear and my dressing up is quick.

I apply simple make up; lipgloss and eyeliner. Before spritzing my perfume and picking up my tote bag. I stack in a few textbooks and a notebook in there before grabbing my keys and stepping out of my room.

My stomach rumbles and I remember that I had nothing to eat last night. Going over to the kitchen, I pulled the fridge open and brought out a carton of milk. I have twenty minutes left to get to college so I take out a croissant from the fridge. I dive into it, tearing out chunks and downing it with a gulp of milk, my tote bag still hanging on my shoulder. Susan would have had a fit if she saw me drinking directly from the milk carton but I do not care.

In no time, I am placing the carton of milk back in the fridge and hurrying out of the house. I will not forget to lock the door.

I am lucky to meet the bus before it moves. If I had been two minutes late, the bus would have already left and I would have stood at the bus stop for another twenty-five minutes.

As the bus drove towards the city, I began to think about how my life and schedule had changed as soon as Karanos stepped into my life. I chuckle, not knowing what to feel.

Maybe I have a thing for Karanos. But damn, he looks so hot when I am in command and even hotter when he is in control.

Gladly, I am in class before the lecture begins. A few of my course mates wave at me and I give them a smile while walking to my usual seat in front. Just as I am about to settle down, my phone buzzes in my tote bag and I immediately take it out to see who might have messaged me.

It's a text from Kal, again.

Good morning. Have a good day today.

I raise my brows in surprise. This new Karanos is confusing. All these texts I have been getting since last night just because of one sex with had. That's crazy.

I text him back, wishing him a good day at work and the lecturer steps in, making everyone abandon whatever thing distracting them.

The class was a long stretch. I doze a few times in between and before I can be caught by the quite strict lecturer, my seat partner taps me awake. I smile at the Hispanic girl and focus on whatever he's teaching.

As soon as the lecture is over, I slip by note and textbook into my tote bag, heading straight for the door.

A call from Nikolai comes in. I'm glad I am done with classes for today. So, I take a seat on one of the chairs.

"Nikolai. How are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm quite okay, Jemmah." He replies. "It's been a while since we last spoke. I'm guessing you must have been busy. To busy that you forgot your position and the CEO of BSL."

"I trust you enough to leave my company in your hands," I say to him with pride.

Nikolai has been with me through my highs and lows, running around and making sure that everything is perfect. He's a really nice guy and I give him the credit for that.

"So, I called to discuss with you," Nikolai got back to business as soon as he had switched out of it to be the employee that cared.

"Go on." I say.

"The Elite Gala is in less than two months time and you forgot to get back to me."

I groan and slap my forehead. I had totally forgotten about it. "I'm really sorry, Nikolai. I take all the blame."

Nikolai chuckles. "It's fine, Jemmah. There's still time to make preparations for yourself. I have taken care of the company by booking seats for staff that would be attending."

I sigh in relief and lean back against my seat. "What would I do without you, sweet Niko?"

"Oh, please."

We both spent the afternoon on a long call. He gave me the criteria for attending the gala, the donation to be made, people that were going to be present and all that.

Though, I am the least stressed out about the gala. It's just something held to foster showing off and fake like. But who am I to speak?

"I do not want anyone to know my identity, remember?" I inform Nikolai. "Make sure you wipe any evidence relating to me."

Then I remembered all Kal said back at the restaurant and immediately changed my mind.