55. In-laws

___________________

| December 25th, Friday, 2020 |

"Hyoseop...what are you doing here?"

Annie forced an awkward smile.

"Is that him?"

Her brother approached them with a subtle smirk on.

A few more steps and he was standing in front of Lee Know, who quickly spared a glance at the girl beside him.

"Are you dating my sister?"

"Hyoseop!"

"Yes."

He answered firmly, getting the elder surprised.

"Ohh! I see you're confident! And you're very handsome too! I feel like we could get along. You should keep him, An."

"Hyoseop!!!"

She cried out, embarrassment filling her existence.

Her boyfriend, on the other side, let out a chuckle.

"Thank you! I'm Lee Minho. I've seen a few of your dramas, actually, it's an honour to meet you."

"Ah, really? That's nice to hear! So, I heard you're in a group, what's the name?"

"We're called Stray Kids!"

"Oh! You're from that group too?"

"Yep, actually, a funny story..."

Annie stared in silence while the two started talking as if they had been friends for years, completely ignoring her presence. She shook her head, getting a drink and standing in front of the two. Knowing her brother, if she didn't stop them now, they'd end up talking for hours.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt you two, but we need to help Mrs. Park with lunch."

The boys looked down at her, slightly bummed that their conversation was interrupted.

"Who's Mrs. Park?"

Hyoseop asked.

"The owner- right. What are you even doing here?"

Annie crossed her arms. Hyoseop had only been to the shelter once or twice, and that was to drop her off, he never volunteered.

"I came to adopt a cat!"

The couple smiled widely to themselves, as if they had just won an award – well, they did just receive very good news.

"That's amazing!! Should I take you to see them after lunch?"

"I'd love that!"

She watched as the two interacted.

"Someone might think you two are the ones dating..."

Annie mumbled, shaking her head and walking towards the door.

Deep inside, though, the girl was thrilled about this situation. Spending Christmas with her boyfriend, her brother and kittens, is there anything else to ask for?