51. Gym

_____________________

| December 22nd, Tuesday, 2020|

There she was, with a drip of sweat falling from her forehead, wearing pink sweats and standing in front of a machine that was supposed to help her build her leg muscles.

Turns out she didn't have another excuse.

Having no other choice, Annie did what she was told to. She put on an outfit suitable for exercising and walked towards the gym with her manager.

Dongchul had been watching over her for the past 30 minutes, just to be sure the girl wouldn't run away or only pretend to exercise.

"There's 45kg on each side, you can handle that, right?"

He asked after adding the second weight.

"No? I usually do 20…25 when I'm feeling good."

The girl stared back at him, waiting for a reasonable answer.

For her fortune, his phone rang before he could even say something.

"Yes? Yes. I'm on my way."

Dongchul glanced at her.

"I'm going to the company, you'd better finish this and at least two other exercises, remember you're training the equivalent of two people."

She nodded.

As if.

I'm doing one set of this and leaving.

After her manager passed through the door, Annie ran to the window to see him drive away.

"Okay! Just one set, I can do it."

Annie walked towards the machine and sat down, grabbing her phone. 

She opened social media, answered a few people and spent almost ten minutes choosing a song to play - even though it probably wouldn't even reach the chorus.

"Goddamn, this is heavy."

It was a leg press machine. She pushed the footplate and used the assistant handle to start the exercise.

Slowly, Annie bent her knees, inhaling while returning the platform back to its original place.

Oh, shit.

Her legs were unsteady and wobbly, trembling, almost.

I just need to push this as far as I can and then use the handle to stop it from coming back down, I can do that.

"Fuck, I can't. "

Is there no one around?

Of course, who goes to the gym at 4 pm?

Goddamn, this hurts.

Annie's legs were almost giving up. She was trying her best to hold on, otherwise she would probably break something - either the machine or her legs, she wasn't quite sure.

"Dongchul, I hate you."

"Excuse me."

A voice came from behind her.

God?

Annie swore heaven was on her side and some angel had come to save her. She would've kept on believing so, if it wasn't for his back.

God doesn't have dyed hair. 

The man quickly sat on the tip of the padded support, using his own legs to push the platform with ease and using the assistant handle to secure it back in its place.

Annie's legs instantly fell to the ground.

"Are you okay?"

He jumped to the side.

"Lee Know…"

She breathed out, tearing up a little because of how much strength she was putting in.

"Hey…"

He smiled softly, seeing how the girl was relieved.

"Can you walk?"

"Yeah, of course I can w- ah. What the hell?"

As soon as she stepped out, her bum fell on the padded surface again.

"Be careful."

Lee Know approached her one more time.

 "Do you mind if I, uhm, massage your legs? Just for you to be able to walk! No second intentions!"

He raised his tone, ears becoming extremely red.

"As you wish."

She laughed.

But it stopped as soon as his hands touched her thighs. His thumbs rolled slowly, yet strongly. From there, he carefully moved to her knees and calf, now using all of his fingers to touch her.

Annie swallowed, her cheeks becoming the same color as his ears.

The silence was deafening.

"Done! You should be able to at least walk towards a taxi."

He clapped his hands, getting up without sparing her a glance.

Already?

"Wait!"

The girl followed, wincing on her way up.

Goddamn, Dongchul, if I don't do well on the next performances, I'm getting you fired.

"I need to thank you properly…do you, uhm, want to eat something?"

"I should finish my workout first…"

Minho pointed at a random machine.

It was obvious the both of them wanted to be together, but no one would admit it.

"Oh. I can wait."

A subtle grin started forming on his face.

"You want to watch me work out?"

That wouldn't be a bad sight.

"Of course not! I just need to stay here longer in case my manager shows up!"

It wasn't a full lie, she did have to stay there longer because of Dongchul, she just had another reason now.

"It's the second time."

"Huh?"

Annie tilted her head as she watched him cross his arms.

"The second time you're making it obvious you've fallen for me."

She stopped blinking.

Show that I like him and then get him to fall for me, that was my intention, so why am I so shocked?

He likes me too…doesn't he?

"And you? Haven’t you fallen for me?"

His smirk dropped.

He does.

This time, Annie was the one with a grin, walking towards the man that straightened his posture.

She stood in front of him, eyes locked with his.

"Hm. A long time ago."

________________________