74. Parking lot

_______________

| January 12th, Tuesday, 2021 |

"I'm so nervous. Why am I nervous?"

The youngest of the group refrained herself from biting her nicely done nails.

"Maybe because it's the first time we're performing Crazy Over You? And your idol Baekhyun is watching? And we're running for ROTY? And-"

"I get it, An. Thanks for the reassurance."

Boram glanced at her with a very kind death stare.

"But you'll do well! I saw how hard you worked, and that's what matters the most."

Annie actually assured her this time.

Despite being the maknae, Boram rarely got nervous before stages, so this meant the Golden Disc Awards were a big deal for her.

"Thanks."

She gave her friend a side hug before letting her go to the makeup artist.

"Anyone seen my phone?"

Annie asked, looking around.

No one answered affirmatively.

"Do you want me to call you?"

Remi offered, and after getting a nod in response, she dialled the number.

"Doesn't Yujin have it?"

Their leader questioned from the other side of the room as she used her own phone to scroll through social media.

"No, I was talking with M- my brother and she told me to put it away before we left the van because of the reporters, so I- Ah...I left it there."

Annie sat down beside her friend.

"Give me 3 reasons to go all the way back to the parking lot just to get my phone."

"Your boyfriend, your boyfriend and...your boyfriend?"

"Remi!"

She tried to shush the girl even though she had said everything already.

"What? Isn't that enough?"

It is, actually.

Idols spend hours inside Music Stations, waiting for their turn to come, so how do they use that time? Well, lots of them see it as a chance to text loved ones.

Annie being one of them – except that "loved one" was usually one of her best friends or her brother.

"I'll be back soon."

The girl got up and walked towards their male manager.

"Hey, Dongchul. I forgot my phone inside the van, can you come get it with me, please?"

He looked up from the screen with a bored gaze.

"Just wait until we go back."

That will take more than 8 hours!!

"I need to text my brother... please?"

The guy sighed before getting up.

"Come on."

"Thank you."