41. Hate

________________________

| December 2nd, Wednesday, 2020 |

"Do you think we'll perform a cover or a mashup?"

  Remi asked, being the biggest stay there, she was visibly more excited than any of the other girls.

  Flashlight and Stray Kids were called today to discuss one of their special stages, the only one with all members from both groups. They'd have at least two other unit stages, but that would be talked about along the week.

"A mashup would be nice! Do you think they'll let us work on it?"

  Boram commented, just thinking about working with such amazing producers as 3racha made her eyes shine.

"They have to! Why would they leave it to the boys only when we have two members that are more than capable of producing a good track?"

  The leader assured, the youngest two nodding their heads strongly.

  Less than five minutes later, the boygroup arrived with one manager and one choreographer. The room had now 16 people, as Yujin and a performance director were already there.

"Alright. I believe you know the basics of how this is going to work already, right?"

  The director sighed after noticing the uneasy looks from the kids. Sparing a glance at the managers, he started explaining.

"...with that, each Flashlight member will team up with two Stray Kids members. Boram with I.N and Chan, Remi with Hyunjin and Felix, Annie with Lee Know and Han and lastly, Jaein with Changbin and Seungmin. Any complaints?"

  Two members raised their hands, not surprising a single soul.

"Can I please change my partner?"

"Me too, please."

"May I know the reason?"

  The director crossed his arms.

He's a fucking asshole.

"I don't think we're a good match, sir."

  Annie forced a smile.

"Yeah, I don't want to be with these two."

  Lee Know stated, making most people in the room turn surprised at him.

  Of course he didn't want to pair with Annie, but Han? His self claimed soulmate? Even the squirrel like boy seemed confused.

"Hey, why-"

"Well, too bad. I'm sure the public will love the three of you together, right?"

  He turned to the female manager, who gave Annie an apologetic look before answering.

"Absolutely."

"Lovely. I'll give you five minutes to settle up and think about any questions you might have."

  The director walked out of the room with the choreographer, the managers following, leaving an awkward atmosphere behind.

  Han approached his male friend quietly, everyone beside the trio going back to their business.

"Hey...did I do something?"

  Lee Know glared at Annie, who scoffed.

"You didn't do anything, Han."

"But then why..."

  His voice was low, not wanting to enrage the older one.

"I just think we three don't blend well, okay? It'd be fine if it was just you and me or-"

"Or?"

"...or just me. But she's there and I don't like that! Why does she have to be everywhere? Why can't she leave me alone for once!?"

  Lee Know raised his tone, catching the girl's attention.

"Excuse me? You talk as if I want to be with you! I can't stand your face either!"

  Slowly, more eyes were paying attention, no one seemed willing to intervene this time. 

  Jaein didn't want to get on her crush's bad side, same goes for Changbin - he didn't want to appear like a guy that gets into fights -, Chan thought it was best to let them yell it all out now than later, when the elders were watching. The rest was too scared to speak a word.

"Ha! That's not what it looked like a few days ago!"

 What is he...

  Annie's eyes grew so big they almost popped out. She breathed deeply, wanting to answer but failing to do so as she was under some kind of spell back then and was, indeed, staring at him.

"What about you!? Do you lend your clothes to people you want out of your sight?"

  Recomposing herself, she raised both eyebrows.

  Now everyone was exchanging looks, wondering what kind of fight was that. What the hell were they talking about? And what did Lee Know's clothes have to do with this?

  Lee Know stomped towards her, fuel in his eyes.

"Oh, yeah, that's exactly how you did it."

  He let out a dry cough, sliding his tongue across his teeth, then biting his lower lip.

"I fucking hate you."

  Annie slightly tilted her head with a warm smile.

"The feeling is mutual, babe."

_______________________________