31. Be careful when meeting a friend

___________________________

| November 16th, Monday, 2020 |

  The year was ending, and that meant year-end performances. FLASHLIGHT had enough rest after their debut - although they kept on working, but that didn't cross the staff's mind - so now it was time to work.

  It wasn't that bad, though, the girls were extremely happy to finally be able to attend those shows.

  Most of the special stages had been decided already, and some of them included collabs. Jaein was going to perform an old girl group song with three other gorgeous idols. Boram was going to sing with the ballad singer Paul Kim - she couldn't be happier about it. Remi and Annie were going to perform a cover with other girl groups too.

  Of course, they had other performances for the last week of the year, but we'll get to that later.

  Right now, Annie was heading to HYBE's building. Why? Well, first, she wanted to see her friend, second, she wanted his help with the dance cover.

  "Oh, hi."

  Lee Know greeted her as she entered the company's kitchen.

"Hey!"

  The girl hurriedly opened the fridge, grabbed a water bottle and walked towards the door.

"You're going somewhere?"

  She stopped, turning to him.

"Ah...yeah, I'm meeting a friend."

"You have time to meet a friend now?"

  He raised both eyebrows, provoking, but also genuinely surprised.

"They'll help me with dancing."

  The two stood in silence.

  Taking that as the subject having ended, Annie waved and left.

  Truth is, Lee Know wanted to say "Why? Why didn't you ask me? I'm a great dancer too", but what right did he have to do that?

  Besides, she was probably meeting with her boyfriend.

● ● ● ● ●

"Dude, why the hell is this building so big!? And what do you have inside? Why are there so many security guards!?"

Annie yelled frustrated at the phone.

"Just tell them you're here to see me."

  Yeonjun laughed.

"I did, they thought I was a fan and I was told the museum was downstairs."

  The boy laughed so loudly she had to put her phone away from her ear for a second.

"Come pick me up!"

  Annie ended the call before she could here one more giggle.

  While looking around, she noticed there was someone recording in front of the turnstiles.

  A vlog? Can people record in here? Or maybe they have a big chan- Oh shit.

  The girl hid her face, realizing she'd probably get in some stupid rumor if she was caught in the video.

"Hey! Come in!"

  Yeonjun spoke loudly, making her raise her hand, ready to hit him.

  Some of the producers turned to them, but soon went back to their business.

"They're recording, stupid."

"Oh."

  They quickly ran to the artists' elevator, entering one of the vacant practice rooms as soon as possible.

"Not gonna lie, being friends with a girl is kinda thrilling."

  He spoke as Annie rested on the wall.

"I mean, every time we go out and there's cameras we run...it's fun."

She shook her head in dissapointment.

"Let's practice."

"Alright, but I need to say something first."

  Annie patiently waited for his words.

"You look very good with this hair."

  He raised both eyebrows continuously at an attempt to flirt.

"Oh my God..."

  She chuckled.

"You needed to know! Now let's put some music on."

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself either."

  Both of them smirked at each other.

  If they weren't best friends, someone could think they were a happy couple.

__________________________________