75. Winners

_______________

| January 12th, Tuesday, 2021 |

 After having gotten her phone, Annie rushed to the elevator because of the presence she felt.

 Anyone who had been in the industry for more than a year knew reporters would stay inside their cars in the parking lot, hoping to catch a scandal, hence why managers were so careful there – aside from Dongchul, apparently. But still, it felt different this time, as if someone was looking straight at her.

 The girl decided not to care much about it, though. She told herself she wasn't famous enough to have reporters following her or even sasaengs.

● ● ● ● ●

"Don't get too hopeful, girls, we were nominated lots of times already, but we only got a few awards."

Jaein whispered to the group when the clips of the nominees were projected on the big screen.

"You should be more optimistic...as a person and as a leader."

Annie commented with a bitter smile.

Her leader's attitude had been getting on her nerves lately.

"I'm just being realistic."

"...and the winner of the 35th Golden Disc Awards Rookie of the Year Awards is..."

The presenter took a big deep breath while smiling.

"...Flashlight, congratulations!"

The girls all looked at each other in surprise, Jaein being the most stunned.

Still bewildered, they made their way to the stage to give their speech.

"Candles! Thank you so much for this award. It's honestly all thanks to you. I'm actually really nervous right now. If you noticed me speaking slower than normal, that's why."

Boram commented with an uneasy smile, making the whole audience laugh.

After finishing her speech, Boram glanced at Annie, who then pushed Remi to speak.

"Hey, everyone! I'm Remi. I just want to say that..."

Being the complete opposite, Remi spoke quickly and loudly, also earning fond smiles.

Since their award wasn't the grand prize, they didn't have much time to talk, so after she was finished they went back to their seats.

"Why didn't you go when Boram looked at you? You should've gone!"

Remi slightly slapped her after they sat down.

"I'm saving my speech for when I win producer of the year."

She joked.

"You're a menace, you know that?"

"Yep, I hear it often."

The two laughed before focusing on the show again.

Although it didn't last long as they had to prepare for their stage.