17. Chit-chat inside the market

_____________________________

| July 18th, Saturday, 2020 |

"Hey, Sung."

Annie called her friend without looking up.

The two were writing individual lyrics inside the studio as usual, giving each other some tips every once in a while.

"Yeah?"

He responded, still typing on his phone.

"I'm volunteering after lunch, do you wanna come?"

Because of the busy schedule, Annie hadn't gone to the shelter in two weeks.

"Really!? Can I?"

He looked up with a big smile.

"I guess? Yujin can't take us though, so I was planning on leaving around 12:30."

"That's fine! Count on me!"

Annie let out a grin at her excited friend.

Han always got super excited over little things, and such excitement was often the reason why her days were better.

● ● ● ● ●

Annie and Han had been working for almost an hour now, organizing materials and playing with the cats every time they showed up.

Mrs. Park was absolutely in love with Han and kept saying she wanted him to date his granddaughter - the girl was only 16 though, so he said it was a pass.

"Minho honey! You're finally here! I thought you weren't coming..!"

The lady yelled at a manly figure approaching them with two plastic bags and a little box with holes.

Hell. How could I forget he comes here as well?

"I'm sorry, I found this little guy outside in a corner and I couldn't just leave him there..."

While the other two went to Lee Know quickly to see the animal, Annie kept staring at him.

Him? The devil saved a cat?

They say bad people don't take good care of pets...maybe he's actually not that bad?

The girl closed her eyes, shaking her head.

Snap out of it, Haerim! Don't you remember what he did to Sumin!?

"Why don't you three go take care of him? You know what to do, right? It isn't your first time."

The lady suggested, smiling warmly at the eldest.

"Of course!"

He smiled back.

Woah, he's really tricking Mrs. Park with that angel-like attitude. How can he fool an old lady?

Annie was so busy cursing the boy inside her head she didn't notice she was staring.

"What? Fell in love because I'm too kind?"

He smirked.

"In your dreams."

She walked past him, linking onto Jisung's arms.

● ● ● ● ●

It was evening already, Jisung had been called by Changbin and Chan so he left earlier. Although Annie wanted to beg the boy to stay - before she killed someone -, she knew work was more important than a stupid rivalry.

"I'll be at the vegetables' section, you can get a few snacks if you want!"

Said Mrs. Park before dissappearing into one of the corridors.

The lady had invited Minho and Annie to shop for dinner with her since "they clicked so well last time".

Without a word, the girl walked away.

"I know!! And she's not even that pretty!"

A female voice said from the corridor next to her.

"My words! Who even thought about putting her in the group?"

Another one commented.

Damn. Why would they say something like that about someone?

I'm sure they don't deserve it...

Annie thought as she decided on which snack to take.

"For real...I absolutely love the tracks Boram produces, but hers? Gosh, who even let her touch the computer?"

The two laughed.

Annie's hand stopped midway towards the snack.

"And did you see her collab with Lee Know from Stray Kids? Damn, I don't even stan him but I felt bad for the dude!"

"Her personality sucks!"

Why?

I don't get it.

Why?

I'm pretty sure I never did anything to these girls. Why are they being like this?

"Tell me about it! I saw a compilation of Boram being scared by her, poor maknae!!"

"Do you think she forced Remi to hang out with her?"

Why would I...

"No, really, Annie's such a bitch...God, even her name sucks."

"It does!! And also I-"

The sounds suddenly got muffled.

Annie felt the headphones being put over her head.

Startled, she looked up, then to her left.

There stood Lee Know, completely unfazed.

He got the girl a bag of chips and pushed her towards the cashier.

______________________________