56. Drunk in love

__________________________

| December 25th, Friday, 2020 |

"What the hell are you doing!?"

Minho yelled at the girl beside him, who was carelessly adding black pepper to the mixture.

"Adding spices, duh?"

Annie looked at him as if he was crazy before putting the seasoning back on the table.

"Wait, don't tell me you can't eat spicy food?"

"Of course I can!"

He lied, and it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"My Minnie can't eat spicy food, um?"

She slowly clinged onto him, shiny eyes as her dimples showed with a subtle smile.

"Min-"

Annie tilted her head like a curious puppy.

"Are you on something? Why are you acting cute all of a sudden?"

It wasn't like he hated the act – he actually loved it –, but there was no way a sane Ahn Haerim would act like that.

"No! I only drank the soda my brother left in the fridge."

She pointed at the near empty bottle behind them.

"There was soda? I only saw- Haerim! That's flavoured soju!"

"Oh. So that's why it tasted so odd."

The girl laughed to herself.

"You're drunk, sit down while I finish this."

Minho attempted to push her away, but it felt like she had glued her body on his.

"I'm not drunk! Can't I be lovely with my boyfriend? Are you the only one allowed to act sweet? Hm? Hm?"

"That's not what I-"

He stopped when her arms wrapped around his waist in a cosy hug.

It was a given his quickened heartbeats could be felt by the girl, but that was the last thing he would care about now. He wasn't sure whether Annie was actually drunk or just tired, but one thing he knew for sure: he wanted this more often.

"Hey, Min."

"Ye..ah?"

"You're really cute when you're flustered."

Annie pulled away, chuckling at his stunned face, the red ears being a bonus.

"I'm not flustered."

He cleared his throat, going back to the balcony to get the bowl with bibimbap*.

(*bibimbap: Korean dish consisting of rice mixed with meat, vegetables and a fried egg on top.)

"Yes, you are! But don't worry, I won't judge you."

She followed with a smile filling her face.

"You? Judge me? I'm the one who's going to judge you when you ask me what happened tomorrow."

"I'm telling you I'm not drunk!"

"If that's the case, then it's even worse, actually."

Minho lifted one eyebrow as he tried to hide a grin. Annie, on the other hand, walked away sulky and pouty.

"Don't complain later about me being distant!"

"God, you're such a drama queen..."

As if dealing with a toddler, the idol decided to just ignore her presence until she was a little bit more sober.

It wasn't long until Minho finished cleaning and, therefore, noticed how the surroundings were way too quiet. Taking a look around, he was welcomed with the sight of a pink haired girl sleeping peacefully on the sofa, although she seemed slightly cold.

Slowly and making the least amount of noise, he approached her, crouching down beside the sofa to take a better look at her face.

"You're prettier than I thought."

He whispered with an eye-smile that made it clear how in love he was.

Taking a look at his watch, which marked 9:57 p.m, Minho figured he should just bid goodbye to her brother and go back to the dorms.

"Hi, Haerim is sleeping."

The boy spoke quietly after knocking.

"Already? Oh."

Maybe because they were siblings, Hyoseop didn't even need to think twice about the reason why his sister was sleeping so early.

"I should get going before someone asks where I am..."

"Ah, right."

He quickly got up to open the door.

"Thank you for having me! I had an amazing day."

Minho bowed.

Although his original plan to go on his first date with Annie didn't work out and he was initially mad about it, Hyoseop was extremely fun to be around! Not only did Minho spend the entire day with his girlfriend, he also felt like he had an older brother.

"Me too! You're a nice guy, Minho, I'm trusting my sister to you."

"Thank yo-"

"But we still have a lot to talk about! Let me know when you're free so we can meet up. Us two only."

Hyoseop wrapped one arm around the younger's shoulder.

"Of course! I'll check my schedule."

"Thank you for coming, have a safe trip home. Should I take you there?"

Minho immediately waved his hand in denial.

"It's okay! I'll just take a cab."

"Alright. See you, then."

The two waved goodbye and, just a second before Hyoseop closed the door, Minho stopped him.

"Oh! Me and Haerim made bibimbap, it's probably good if you like spicy food."

_______________________________