61. A core memory

___________________

| January 1st, Friday, 2021 |

 The first day of the new year, which also meant the start of a lot of artists' break. Girl Group Flashlight and actor Ahn Hyeoseop were two of them.

Hence why the siblings decided to meet for dinner, but it was different this time. Instead of eating at a fast food restaurant or at home like they'd usually do, Hyoseop had made other plans.

"We're going to a fancy restaurant", "Wear nice clothes", his texts said. Despite being used to wearing simple and comfortable clothes, Annie owned a lot of chic and high-end clothing – she was rich and stylish after all.

Annie wore a white turtleneck underneath her second favorite faux shearling coat (the first was a black one gifted by Changbin on their first winter together). Since she chose to wear a black skirt, Annie put on thigh-length black boots to fight the cold and grabbed a black YSL purse she got in exchange for promoting the brand.

"Bora, I'm going out with my brother so I may not come home tonight, okay? Be sure to eat properly...and go get some rest, have some fun! You're on vacation now, little Einstein, there's no need to study so hard!"

She approached the younger one with a soft voice.

"I am having fun! I'm learning all these languages to communicate better with our fans! And you talk as if you don't take Spanish lessons in the middle of schedules..."

Boram mumbled, causing her friend to smile sheepishly.

"Fine, then study hard so you can teach me later."

"Hm! Have fun with your brother!"

"See you later!"

●●●●●

Unlike what Annie expected, the place didn't seem fancy at all.

Expensive? Totally. Fancy? Not that much.

There was a tiny sign fixed on a wooden wall with "Mingles" written on it. It seemed pretty minimalistic – dramas had taught her that fancy Korean restaurants were usually at the 10th floor or higher, with huge windows that showed either the whole city or the Han river.

It was when Annie actually got inside that she could feel the relaxing and modern atmosphere from the place.

"Hello, miss! Welcome to Mingles, do you have a reservation?"

"Hi! I believe it's under the name Ahn Hyoseop, I'm Ahn Haerim."

She looked around the place once again, everything was so pretty, she couldn't wait to taste the food.

"For 7 pm, right? This way, please."

The woman used both hands to point the way, bowing slightly before walking in front. Once the table was found, she bowed one more time before leaving.

"Hi, little sis!"

"Wassup."

She sat down in front of him, a little confused after noticing the table setting.

"You invited more people? Who?"

"You'll see soon."

He replied with a bright smile.

Annie, on the other hand, had a serious expression as she thought about who it could be.