25. Misunderstandings - pt.2

____________________________

| October 13th, Tuesday, 2020 |

  It felt like someone had closed all the entrances to her lungs.

  It was a summer night, but she suddenly felt chills.

  Were they finally going to talk about it?

  Would she even be able to explain everything?

  Explain how she's a coward that couldn't protect her friend and decided to hate the guy that hurt her instead?

"I know it's because of Sumin, but I just don't understand. Why?"

"Because she was my friend."

  Annie spoke looking down at the grass.

"And you hurt her. A lot. She gave up on her dream because of you."

  Lee Know turned to her, both confused and surprised.

"Because of me?"

"Yeah? Don't you remember what you did to her?"

  He scratched his head.

"I rejected her. Countless times."

  This time, it was Annie's turn to be confused.

"What? Didn't you offend her? Curse her out? Humiliate her and even pushed her once?"

  Lee Know squinted his eyes, slightly tilting his head.

  What kind of drama was this?

"Okay. Alright. I think we have a misunderstanding."

  She signed with her eyes for him to continue.

"I may have rejected Sumin a lot, but I don't think I was ever aggressive about it. I mean, she was annoying as fuck and I admit I probably hurt her with my words, but I would never hurt someone physically."

  Annie payed attention to every detail, trying to put the puzzles together.

  But they didn't fit.

"Someone is lying."

  She whispered but, because of their small distance, it wasn't hard for Lee Know to hear.

"What?"

"Sumin always told me you bullied her. You'd tell her she couldn't dance, let alone be an idol. You told her she was a failure and if she ever, for some reason, became a successful idol, you'd ruin it. After you debuted it wasn't as bad, but you'd still send her offensive texts every once in a while, complaining about the smallest things. She liked you, but you humiliated and offended her so bad she left. Without notice, she left. Never answered my texts again and I haven't seen her ever since. That's the story I know."

  With lips slightly apart, Lee Know kept on blinking.

"What the hell..."