16. Recording together

_________________________________

| July 7th, Tuesday, 2020 |

  Finally, it was the recording day.

  This past week had been extremely suffocating for Annie. She wouldn't say it was the worst ever because: one, she received some great news; and two, she had been through worse. But still, spending several hours with Lee Know caused some damage to her mental state.

  The first two days, when they practiced alone, 80% of their dialogue was made of fights. Lee Know and Annie always had a manager with them on the next practices so it was sure things would be done.

  Well, they were, and now they just had to record it - which, hopefully, would finish quickly.

"What is this?"

  Annie stared at the paper explaining the project's storyline regarding the couple.

"It'll be quick, Haerim, you won't even notice."

  Yujin, who was gladly back at taking care of Annie's solo schedules, commented.

" 'As if you badly want each other'...dead, yeah."

  The girl continued, earning a sigh from the older woman.

"Please, Haerim. How long did you train for again? Do you want your career over in less than one year after your debut? If not, practice this and act like a professional."

  She gave the idol one last look before leaving.

  Oh damn.

  That's all that stupid camera man's fault.

  No, actually, it's the staff's fault for giving me that mission.

  Well, then it's the PD's fault.

  In fact, this all happened because of JYP.

"Annie! Let me fix your makeup."

  A woman approached her with a purse, taking out a cherry lip tint and applying on the girl's lips and cheeks.

"Done! You should probably go now."

  "Thank you!"

  Annie glanced one more time at the mirror.

  At least I look good.

  By the time Annie arrived, Lee Know was recording his individual parts.

  It would be a lie if she said he didn't look amazingly good, the black pants and white shirt fit extremely well with the black boots and leather belt.

  I guess demons can be beautiful too.

  She shuggred, shaking her head.

"Rima!"

  A whisper made the girl turn her head.

"What are you doing here?!"

  Annie walked to him with a smile, giving the boy a quick hug so rumors wouldn't spread.

"I heard you were recording near the company so I decided to come cheer you and Lino up."

  Han spoke, handing her a cup of iced tea.

"I was craving this! Thank you!"

  It didn't take her even a minute to take a sip.

  While the two talked, Lee Know glanced at them, wondering what was so interesting for that dull girl to smile so much.

"We'll start recording the two in 5 minutes!"

  Announced the director.

  Han Jisung took the time to greet his friend, while Annie was called to fix her hair.

"Good luck!"

  Manager Yujin cheered.

"If you want to end this quickly, don't get anything wrong."

  Lee Know warned Annie before going to his place.

Wow, thanks for the support, jerk.

  The shooting went quite well, taking them less than three hours to finish recording. They had to re-do the whole thing because of mistakes one time only and that was because, surprisingly, Lee Know got a step wrong.

  The video ended with Annie running around and that was probably the most realistic and honest part of the choreography - she was truly happy now that she was free.

_________________________________