2. D-day

_________________________

| April 1st, Wednesday, 2020 |

  The girls had been preparing for months, but they were still afraid someone would come up to them and say "Happy April fools! You're actually not debuting!".

  Well, it'd be quite a big scale for a joke considering they were about to have a showcase with hundreds of people.

"FLASHLIGHT to the stage in 5!"

  A member of the staff yelled, making the girls' hearts beat even faster, if that was possible.

"Okay! We can do this! We practiced till dawn for weeks, we'll be fine."

  Said the leader, gathering them.

"Yes! The stage will go amazing!"

  The maknae continued.

"We're FLASHLIGHT, of course it'll be amazing!"

  Remi cheered.

"But what do we do if something goes wrong?"

"Annie!!"

  The other three yelled, frustrated.

"What!? I'm just preparing!"

She defended.

"Anyway! If anything happens, which we hope won't, just act like it didn't."

"Alright."

  Annie smiled sheepishly.

"Girls, we have to go!"

  Their female manager warned them.

  All 4 of them left the room with the manager, hearing all the cheers from the staff that stayed behind.

"Ten seconds."

   Said the young man with hearing equipment on.

"FLASHLIGHT! Let's go!"

 ● ● ● ● ●

"Shine bright! Hello, we are FLASHLIGHT!"

  The girls introduced themselves after the first performance.

"Woah, I can totally understand why they're called 'flashlight', these girls are shining beside me! How come they're so pretty?"

  The MC joked and the audience loved it.

"But jokes apart, can you explain your group name?"

 The three youngest turned their heads to the leader, who was in charge of such matters.

"It's very simple, actually. Just like a flashlight that shines in the dark, we want to illuminate people's lives with our music."

"That's such a nice message! But you're also divided by categories, is that right?"

 Jaein passed the mic to Remi.

"Yes! Our songs will be classified in three categories. 'Sunlight' is for our cute and bright songs, like DADADA. 'Starlight' is for the girl crush and chic concepts, and lastly, 'Moonlight' for the sexier and darker themes, but you'll have to wait a little more for that as we still have a baby in the group!"

 She finished while looking at the maknae with a smile, lots of people laughing.

"We can't wait to experience all those lights, right?"

  The MC turned to the audience, requesting for a response.

"Okay! So I heard that two of the members played a big role on the making of the album, can you tell us more about it?"

  As he questioned, Annie and Boram exchanged looks, asking themselves who should speak.

"Ye-"  "Ye-"

"Ah-" "Ah-"

  Everyone laughed at the two, who were clearly nervous.

"Why don't we start with the oldest, Annie?"

"Ah, yes!"

  She laughed nervously, but soon turned serious.

"I really enjoy composing and writing lyrics. Finishing a song, for me, is like having a sip of fresh water on a hot day, it just makes me feel good. Because of that, I'm really glad we were given the opportunity to work on our own alb- our own mini album and we hope you like all the songs as they all have different colors, thank you!"

"Woah...where did that nervous girl from 2 minutes ago go? Those were really nice words, right, everyone?"

  The fans and reporters cheered, causing Annie to cover her face with her hands out of embarrassment.

"Now, to our talented maknae!"

"Uh- I'm not as skillful with words as Annie, but I'll try..."

  The venue was filled with laughter.

  Everything seemed to be going smoothly and it made Annie extremely glad, she only hoped it could stay like that forever.

_______________________________________