62. Baby, I'm falling

☆ SPECIAL CHAPTER ☆

_________________

| October 14th, Saturday, 2017 |

  Once again, it was one of those days filled with thrill and anxiety: monthly evaluation day. Except today was a bit more special, it was going to decide who gets to perform on the open trainee showcase and who doesn't.

The types of trainee on days like these were easy to identify: there's the one who keeps fidgeting with their fingers, looking left and right; the one who can't stop talking due to the nervousness; the one who's late because they were practising last minute; and the one who's chilled out because they have been through a lot already.

Annie was a mix of the first and last one. How so? Well, she had been through two of these special evaluations already and got decent results, but for this one, she got scolded on the last practice and was told to "get it together because it's her second year as a trainee".

On the other side of the room, a group of eight boys warmed up. Bangchan, one of Annie's few friends, tried to assure all of them that they'd do well and the most important thing was to enjoy the stage.

"Everyone, please stand close to the wall and keep quiet. Ahn Gunwoo, to the front."

Annie felt her heart beating faster. Following the alphabetic order, she would be next.

She listened carefully to the feedback given to the 14-year-old boy. He was one of the best dancers and, being four years older, the girl couldn't help but to feel nervous. Annie knew she was getting older, therefore her chances to debut were getting harder and harder.

Still, it's not like she'd give up now.

"Ahn Haerim?"

"Yes!"

She jogged to the front, receiving a "fighting" from her friend Katsuno and a smile from Changbin.

"I see you chose one of the songs I recommended. Self choreographed again, I believe?"

One of the women sitting down with papers and pens asked.

"Yes! But Ms. Hyewon helped me a lot."

She glanced at the choreographer, who had a subtle grin on.

"Alright, you may start."

Upon the sign, Annie walked to the corner of the room and pulled a chair to the centre.

"She's using props?"

"Woah, I wouldn't dare to, it's much easier to make a mistake."

"She's been here for two years though, I guess it's time to level up."

A group of friends whispered to themselves as the sound was set up.

The song started and, unlike people who knew Annie were used to, it had a soft and chill vibe to it. Her movements were light and she seemed free while dancing. Her facial expressions were also on point.

The highlight was probably when Annie turned around and, when she looked to the front again, glitter fell from above.