34. Motel

___________________________

| November 22nd, Sunday, 2020 |

Better wet and freezing than killed by a creep inside a market, right?

  Annie assured herself for the tenth time, standing in front of the door with Lee Know.

"Don't worry, the worst it can happen is you getting hit by a flying shopping cart."

  He smiled, ready to open the door.

"Very comforting, thank you."

"It's okay if you want to stay here."

  She looked up at him, fairly surprised by the sudden empathy.

"I'll just go by myself."

  Annie let a laugh-like scoff - she should've expected.

"Let's go."

  The two breathed deeply.

"Let's go!!"

  The door opened. Lee Know grabbed Annie's wrist to make sure the girl wouldn't stay behind or fly away.

  They only remembered it was also hailing when the stones started hitting them, but the adrenaline made it difficult for the pain to be felt.

  Jumping on puddles was unavoidable, but at least the water wasn't muddy.

"We're here!"

  Annie announced after having yelled throughout the whole way.

"Thank God, I thought my ears would burst."

  She grinned apologetically.

"I'm assuming you'll want a room?"

  The female receptionist asked, completely unfazed by the drenched idols.

"Actually, can we use your phone to call someone, please?"

"I'm afraid that won't be possible."

  The two quickly exchanged glances, why would that be a problem?

"Do you see that pole? It is connected to our cell tower- well, was."

  The woman pointed at the light pole fallen a few meters away.

"We still have a few rooms left, though, you'll be able to spend a safe and nice night here."

  There wasn't much to think about, actually. What could they possibly do? Go back to the market? When they can sleep on beds, away from creeps?

"Do you perhaps have a room with two beds?"

"This is a motel, dumbass, what do you think?"

  Annie shuggred.

  She had slept in motels with her family in Canada when they were on trips. Was it different in Korea?

"Currently, we have one solo room and one double room available."

"Great! We'll get the double room for one night."

● ● ● ● ●

  The room wasn't bad. It had two twin beds separated by a nightstand, a wooden desk, a tv, a wardrobe and, of course, a bathroom.

"Go take a shower."

  Lee Know said, throwing an almost dry hoodie that was inside his bag, at Annie's hands.

"What about you?"

  She asked slowly, genuinely worried.

"I'll be fine."

"It's awards' season, I don't want you blaming me when you're not able to participate because you got sick."

  Annie threw the hoodie back at him.

"Don't worry, I'm not that petty."

  Once again, the clothing was thrown.

"I don't want your manager whining either."

  She threw the hoodie like a basketball ball.

  Lee Know moved his tongue inside his mouth, seemingly annoyed.

  Slowly, he walked to the girl, a few water drops falling from his hair along the way, until they were less than a meter apart.

"Are you going to enter the shower on your own or do I need to take your clothes off myself?"

  Annie held her breath, it felt like her whole system had stopped - or perhaps it broke.

  She was freezing cold just a minute ago, but now her cheeks were burning hot. She wanted to do something, whatever someone would do in this situation, but her body wasn't allowing it.

  As if nothing happened, Lee Know placed the hoodie on the girl's hands and walked to his bed, using a towel to dry his clothes.

Oh my fucking God.

I've fallen for him, haven't I?

_______________________________