Chapter 51: Unplanned

Susan's POV

Honestly, I have never felt this happy in a very long time. As soon as I returned to Achilles' home, I yelled his name and Tarantino's.

In seconds, Achilles is stepping out of his room. He opens his arms, and I run to it, squealing in happiness.

"Today was amazing!" I cry.

Achilles laughs fondly and wraps his arms around me. He smells of lemons and something yummy. "I'm happy for you, baby,"

Pulling away from his hold, I pout my lips. "The only thing is I'll be working from home and trying to balance school with it."

Achilles guides me to a seat. We both take a seat. His hand comes up to my face and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Look, baby. You're going to be able to balance it. I know it's going to be quite hard and all, but I am rooting for you. I mean, you get to stop working as a stripper in that bar."

I gasp when I see him make a face. Sitting up, I narrow my eyes at him. "So, you disapprove of me working as a stripper?"

Achilles looks at me like he doesn't understand the question I just asked. Then he nods. "Of course! I do not like you working there, jeez,"

I am starting to get defensive. Not only because that was my only source of income before now but because Achilles looks quite judgemental of my occupation.

"Are you being for real right now, Achilles?" I ask, my voice going a notch higher.

Achilles looks so confused, lime, he doesn't even understand shit, and that alone annoys the hell out of me. "Yes, I am being for real."

I stand on my feet, startling him. "Achilles, you do not fucking understand. You're a trust fund baby, and you get to have anything you want without having to work and sweat for it. You can't and do not have the right to tell me that you hate my occupation. You fucking don't!"

Achilles heaves and closes his eyes. "Calm down, Sue. Chill out. You don't even un-"

"I do!" I yell. Achilles gives me a shocked look. "It's you who doesn't understand that I have to work hard to see myself through college. I love fashion design, and I am so lucky to meet Jemmah. She was a stripper like I was even being stinking rich. It's different for me. My father is a drug addict, and my mum," I let my hands fall to the sides. "I don't even know,"

I feel tears run down my cheek and a sob escapes my throat. Achilles immediately stands to his feet, feeling remorseful, but I move away from him. "Don't touch me, Achilles. Just let me be,"

"Let me explain why I said that. Please?"

I look at him. He looks really sad, but I really can't. I need time to process all these, and looking at him right now, I feel so inferior. I mean, he has everything he wants, and I have to go naked in front of some men cheating on their wives to make money.

"No. Don't." I say with a tone of finality. I am exhausted from today's work. Meeting people and being extremely happy only to have it dashed against the wall because someone I care about feels my job as a stripper is a trash. "I need to go to bed."

My voice is shaky. I would have said more, but that would only bring more tears. "Goodnight, Achilles,"

Achilles blows out a breath. He looks out of words, but he lets me be anyway. "Goodnight, baby,"

As soon as I turn, I walk into Tarantino, who is just coming down the stairs. He looks sleepy and like he has been disturbed, but as soon as he sees me all teared up, all sleep leaves his eyes. Both of his hands landed on my shoulders.